• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] NexTheme for Droid X Froyo 2.2 (8/26/2010)

all those pics where do you store them on your sdcard at? where your reg pics are? thanks much....o and does anyone run weatherbug? if so the temp on the menu bar is still black and didn't change to white so you can't read the temp lol just letting everyone know

in weatherbug, go to preferences, you can change the text color of the temp in the notification bar to white, blue or black. I changed mine to white. works fine now.

Upvote 0
nexthemewidgets.png
[/spoiler]

What is the name of that battery widget? Wasn't overly fond of them until I saw that bad boy. Anyone?

Upvote 0
sorry for the lame question but say we use this theme and then decide we need to unroot. How would we go about doing such a thing? Also, im new to the whole android/rooting thing and maybe im mistaken but will we have to un-root to receive any OTA updates?

If you want to unroot you can either flash the sbf file, which is what Moto uses to refurb phones and it will completly erase everything and return it to like a brand new phone. This would be useful if you wanted to return your phone to verizon. Option B would to follow this guide How to UN-Root the Droid X, or the one click root, which also unroots. This is the one click root link GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home
I am not sure if it will remove the theme tough, but Fab is making a way to go back to the "stock" theme

Upvote 0
sorry for the lame question but say we use this theme and then decide we need to unroot. How would we go about doing such a thing? Also, im new to the whole android/rooting thing and maybe im mistaken but will we have to un-root to receive any OTA updates?

I actually One Click Un-Rooted the other day when trying to figure out where (or if) I went wrong when applying this new theme. The theme stayed and the phone appeared to unroot successfully.

Not sure how this affects us as far as updates, but I can't imagine a new theme would prevent anything. Who knows?

Upvote 0
sorry for the newb question. so i can download and use terminal emulator via the market onto my phone to do this? I have windows 2K running right now so it doesn't support .net framework 3.5 but i am able to put files onto the sdcard. I was able to root my phone via a friends laptop with 1 click root.

I didnt do the compleate theme install, just did the first part to get the black bar, and I did it through terminal emulator. Like you said, youll have to use a computer to drop the files onto your sd card in the right spots, but once you do that then yes you can use terminal emulator

Edit: at least I was able to do this without any problems.

Upvote 0
I initially had some trouble but got the theme working perfectly, my only concern is it seems that I've lost 3g after. IDK if its a network problem that is coincidental, or I seriously jacked it up. It shows 3g connectivity in the status bar, but I know thats not the case and its full of shit because youtube is timing out, and it takes literally minutes to load web pages now, where as this morning it was lightning fast. Any clue, or should I just wipe everything and start from scratch?!

Upvote 0
What can I do if I only want the black status bar? Sorry but I'm a complete newb here... first android phone, and rooted just this morning with one-click root. I really want to try themes but the entire process confuses me. Can someone explain fairly clearly what to do? or at least direct me to some sort of very basic theme guide. thanks :)

Upvote 0
What can I do if I only want the black status bar? Sorry but I'm a complete newb here... first android phone, and rooted just this morning with one-click root. I really want to try themes but the entire process confuses me. Can someone explain fairly clearly what to do? or at least direct me to some sort of very basic theme guide. thanks :)

Just stop after you've pushed the framework-res.apk and services.jar files.

I want this bad and I've tried to install it through the emulator at least a dozen times with no luck get some kind of error everytime help lol

Can you be more specific?

Upvote 0
Hey, first off let me just say thanks for making/ uploading this. I installed it all, and it looks sweet! However, I do have seem to have some minor problems running it. For some reason, whenever I disconnect my phone from my computer via USB it reboots. Also, when I turn the phone on, it boots up and then randomly reboots a second time. Obviously, this isn't anything super bad, but it is just a tad annoying. Anybody have any fixes or ideas of why this might be happening?

Upvote 0
Hey, first off let me just say thanks for making/ uploading this. I installed it all, and it looks sweet! However, I do have seem to have some minor problems running it. For some reason, whenever I disconnect my phone from my computer via USB it reboots. Also, when I turn the phone on, it boots up and then randomly reboots a second time. Obviously, this isn't anything super bad, but it is just a tad annoying. Anybody have any fixes or ideas of why this might be happening?

I'm guessing you're using a notification tone off of your sdcard? So the system tries to access that before the card is mounted and restarts because of the error.

The best fix is to use a default notification tone (stored on the phone). Other fixes include disabling sd notifications, or putting your phone on silent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones