• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {Theme}{Port} Purple Theme

nitsuj17

Android Expert
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
This is mostly a port of a theme titled "purple passions" by roberj13 at droid forums Purple Passion Theme - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum originally for the og droid with some edits here and there by me

THIS IS now for DJ05 and DI01! links at bottom

while purple/pink isnt my style, there was a desire by some to see a theme like this one the fascinate so i brought it over :)

*Usual Disclaimer* I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. Best practice is to make a nandroid before flashing anything.

This is a beta release, so there will be more releases coming with bug/error fixes. Please post whatever you find thats wrong/missing in this thread and I will get to work on fixing it (im sure theres a lot :eek:)

Major Credit to: roberj13 for creating such a great theme
DtatchD for the great pulldown power controls and help and DJ05 lockscreen
Retrokid223 cuz im sure i kanged something from one of his themes
frostman89 because i definitely kanged different images here and there when i had to from his different themes
tiger4life for getting reboot options for all of us in DI01 and DJ05
*i apologize if i forgot anyone* if i did just let me know :eek:

This theme is for deodexed systems.

I'm using and have tested on JT's Super Clean Rom V0.7. If you are not running his rom or one that uses stock lock screen, puzzle unlock may show still show up for you.

Theme has reboot options built in :)

Settings and Dialer (wip still) are themed

12/14 updated xml error on 2 versions....report if not fixed :)

12/13 changed battery icon used for battery percentage, and added a 2nd battery option (round)

12/9 edited secondary system text purple to match theme, fixed dialer a bit, removed e911 location icons from status bar, added a version with battery percentage (all for dj05, not dio1) also had changed system progress bar...forgot to mention that :)

Screens:
12/13 update:
purplebatterypercentage.png
CAP201012131319.jpg

12/9 update:
2purple.png

previous
purplespassion3-1.png
purplepassion8-1.png

purplepassion7-1.png
purplepassion5-1.png

purplepassion4-1.png
purplepassion2-1.png

purplepassion1-1.png

Future Plans:
edit phone.apk (our dialer/phone are two separate apks unlike other android phones)...i have it mostly done but its get fc's so i screwed u somewhere
more apps

Clockwork Install:

DJ05
with battery percentage: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/DJ05_nitsuj17_purple_v3.5.2_batterypercentage.zip
with circle battery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/DJ05_nitsuj17_purple_v3.5.2_circlebattery.zip
regular battery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15331201/DJ05_nitsuj17_Purple_v3.5.zip

DI01
nitsuj17_purple_DI01_v1.1.zip

I like it, I'll stick with it for a bit. Any chance of getting % in the battery or circle?
And/or would I break the theme if I applied accurate batt and/or metamorph'd circleD on? I suppose I could answer my own question in 3 minutes too :rolleyes:

i *may* add the round battery with percentage in...or start it and see how long it takes as i dont think there are any completed matching versions on xda so ill have to ps or gimp them to get the color right...we ll see :)

Is the purple ready for people who still have DI01? Can't wait to try it out!

Di01 is mostly done...i just gotta boot into a DI01 rom on lunch break today and test it, then if its good ill post the beta :)

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
Stupid question, coming from the Eris before flashing any rom I had to wipe my data and dalvik, however when updating to a newer version of a rom I would only wipe the dalvik unless the developer suggested a full wipe. Since this is just a theme, do I need to wipe both the data and dalvik?

Also I haven't tried any kernals yet, seriously I haven't even felt a need to. This thing is fast and responsive compared to my Eris and my battery life is awesome!Since I'm basically running stock and hopefully purple theme soon, will I still get OTA? I haven't renamed or deleted any bloatware. Just hid them from my drawer in Launcher Pro.

Upvote 0
Stupid question, coming from the Eris before flashing any rom I had to wipe my data and dalvik, however when updating to a newer version of a rom I would only wipe the dalvik unless the developer suggested a full wipe. Since this is just a theme, do I need to wipe both the data and dalvik?

Also I haven't tried any kernals yet, seriously I haven't even felt a need to. This thing is fast and responsive compared to my Eris and my battery life is awesome!Since I'm basically running stock and hopefully purple theme soon, will I still get OTA? I haven't renamed or deleted any bloatware. Just hid them from my drawer in Launcher Pro.

theres no need to wipe at all on themes here :) and im putting up DI01 as we speak :D

Reactions: shaylih
Upvote 0
i *may* add the round battery with percentage in...or start it and see how long it takes as i dont think there are any completed matching versions on xda so ill have to ps or gimp them to get the color right...we ll see :)
Really nice work. As for the battery, even the % within the battery would be great too. I know with Circle there isnt a purple out there unless you build it and I think having the traditional colors would clash. So my vote would be keep it purple. Then again I dont even mind terribly not having %. Im surprised how much Im diggin on the purple. I liked nextheme and matted blues a lot but somehow this purple is singing my song.
Again fabulous work my friend! :):)

Upvote 0
Really nice work. As for the battery, even the % within the battery would be great too. I know with Circle there isnt a purple out there unless you build it and I think having the traditional colors would clash. So my vote would be keep it purple. Then again I dont even mind terribly not having %. Im surprised how much Im diggin on the purple. I liked nextheme and matted blues a lot but somehow this purple is singing my song.
Again fabulous work my friend! :):)

thank saps...i actually added percentage into the regular nextang battery (found it on xda) which saved me a few hours of manually doing it...i may manually do it for purple though :)

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
thank saps...i actually added percentage into the regular nextang battery (found it on xda) which saved me a few hours of manually doing it...i may manually do it for purple though :)

I would really appreciate if you point me to where you got the battery % file nitjus17. Is it for the square battery ? I haven't been able to track it down anywhere.

TIA

Upvote 0
I would really appreciate if you point me to where you got the battery % file nitjus17. Is it for the square battery ? I haven't been able to track it down anywhere.

TIA

the guy just made 100 images out the standard 15 or so and then ps the numbers in for nextang....its not hard...just time consuming :)

its linked in nextang under credit

Reactions: dan409
Upvote 0
Is that like we may get Froyo for our SF ;):p
Again not being greedy, I love what you have brought to us. Its like theme heaven these days. I havent even tried the asop one of some of the ones that just came out in the past 2 days. I just dont wanna move off purple and I cannot even tell you why, its got me mesmerized :eek:

Upvote 0
Is that like we may get Froyo for our SF ;):p
Again not being greedy, I love what you have brought to us. Its like theme heaven these days. I havent even tried the asop one of some of the ones that just came out in the past 2 days. I just dont wanna move off purple and I cannot even tell you why, its got me mesmerized :eek:

haha no i will get to it.....i got sidetracked trying to make a transparent dialer but im gonna put that on the backburner for now

themes to do list:
1. both versions of engraved mb up to dj05
2. battery percentage in purple (yeah i dont like "purple passion" so im calling it purple :eek:)
3. 2-3 more apps in each theme

Upvote 0
haha no i will get to it.....i got sidetracked trying to make a transparent dialer but im gonna put that on the backburner for now

themes to do list:
1. both versions of engraved mb up to dj05
2. battery percentage in purple (yeah i dont like "purple passion" so im calling it purple :eek:)
3. 2-3 more apps in each theme
Nice. Yeah when I put clean rom v7 on it got rid of my themed apps I had from nexthang which I liked so I got those back on first and then thru on purple. The more apps the better :D thanks again for all the presents Santa ;)

Upvote 0
After a full day of using the purple I can let you know I am so happy with it. I love the notification drop down pretty pattern. I love everything! This phone is perfect. Last night in my accounting class I was showing it to my friend, and the guy behind me even took notice and wanted me to root his, I directed him to this forum so he could learn how to do it himself. Even without kernels I feel like it's flying. Although that could be due to me being used to the eris for so long....

Upvote 0
After a full day of using the purple I can let you know I am so happy with it. I love the notification drop down pretty pattern. I love everything! This phone is perfect. Last night in my accounting class I was showing it to my friend, and the guy behind me even took notice and wanted me to root his, I directed him to this forum so he could learn how to do it himself. Even without kernels I feel like it's flying. Although that could be due to me being used to the eris for so long....

yeah even with the stock kernel this phone *should* be significantly better performance wise than your eris :)

glad you like the theme...i will be updating it at some point as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones