• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Red Gingerbread for Liberty 1.0

FragDroid... I've successfully ported my first theme. It was for you too. I just tested Radioactive for Apex that I ported to Liberty and it worked. I am in bed now though. I will upload in the morning in a new thread. Or probably her first so someone else can test it for me too.. its a sweet little green theme..

You might want to get the official OK from the original theme's author before posting it.

Upvote 0
haha yea that's the minor league team. I was still is highschool when i played for the Chain. But anyway here's a gmail icon. let me know how it looks. I didn't try putting it on my X.

Also how do you like the wallpaper? I couldn't decide if the outline around the eagle and crowd was too thick. It's set at 2 pixels now. I thought about dropping it to one. I'll put a screen with a 1 pixel outline in the Gators folder in my dropbox. Let me know which one you think looks better.

Thanks again for the work and I will have an update with a screenshot tomorrow. I definitely like the thinner outline better, I'm currently going back and forth between that and the black and silver statue of liberty wallpaper. I tend to like black backgrounded wallpapers to reduce brightness, so maybe a black backgrounded statue of liberty with blue instead of silver or something. Idk, just thinking out loud, anyways I really like the dock and icons and will be using them for awhile.:D

Upvote 0
Frag... try this out for me please... and make a backup first please, it worked fine on mine, but you never know... and plower is the original creator, but he didn't answer my PM's... don't know why he wouldn't want his theme ported to Liberty...

Installation:
Copy zip to sdcard
Reboot into recovery
Select install zip from sdcard
Find zip file
Say yes to install
Watch progress
Reboot

Radioactive for Liberty 1.0

Send me an email to jonathanmsims@gmail.com please today and update me on how its going. Its the best way to get in touch with me when I'm at work. The only thing I couldn't test was the Clock in the Notification bar, my services.jar has the clock taken out... when I ported it, I'm betting the clock will be white and not the same green, hope that isn't annoying.

Reactions: FragDroidX
Upvote 0
Frag... try this out for me please... and make a backup first please, it worked fine on mine, but you never know... and plower is the original creator, but he didn't answer my PM's... don't know why he wouldn't want his theme ported to Liberty...

Installation:
Copy zip to sdcard
Reboot into recovery
Select install zip from sdcard
Find zip file
Say yes to install
Watch progress
Reboot

Radioactive for Liberty 1.0

Send me an email to jonathanmsims@gmail.com please today and update me on how its going. Its the best way to get in touch with me when I'm at work. The only thing I couldn't test was the Clock in the Notification bar, my services.jar has the clock taken out... when I ported it, I'm betting the clock will be white and not the same green, hope that isn't annoying.

I wont be able to try it out until later this evening but I will give you my findings asap.

Upvote 0
Turns out my SD card is acting up. Transfered everything to a new SD card and all is well. Very nice job with the port. So far its fast and smooth. No issues at all. Very happy with this theme! Thanks!

Attachments

• CAP2011011722081.jpg
    CAP2011011722081.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0
Glad y'all like this theme... I have edited Pandora's widget (not the entire thing) and my system info widget to look red too... I would put these out, but the pandora is an old version (working on getting the new one .apk file, if y'all have it that would be great) and also the system info widget is a paid app, can't condone piracy...

CAP201101210716.jpg

Upvote 0
So draya1986 (creator of this theme) got mad over at Droid Forum that I created a thread about this theme and was editing his files and making it my own twist. I followed all the rules, when I started the thread, the first sentence gives him the credit. I only took credit for edits and all the graphic work I did icons/wallpapers. No my thread there is gone because he said I was stealing his theme. Does anyone else agree that this is Open Sources and as long as I give the creator the credit that is due to him that I can do what I want with the files.... hell look at half the ROM's out there that are using "GummyJar" as the base.. and they give Kejar props and thanks in the first damn line... just pissed, thank god the mods didn't delete my thread here, gonna update what I've done here later today (dark lockscreen slider background and changed the sliders for the dialer)

Upvote 0
You might want to get the official OK from the original theme's author before posting it.

This guy doesn't believe in that... Like he said over on df, it's all open source and he doesn't have to ask permission...

Jon, I had a problem with there being 2 threads about the same theme, in the dx liberty section. I'm always updating my work and I don't need someone to update it for me. If you would've asked permisson, then maybe I would've had a different attitude. Even when I asked you to stop, you continued to post your "edits" in the other thread...

Anyways, thanks for starting this thread over here. Links and pic below... I'm also taking votes on a new color! Post what color you would like to see next.

Link: http://www.droid2files.com/themes/Red_GB_Final_Liberty_1.0.zip
Wallpaper: http://droid2files.com/wallpapers/liberty_02_red.png

snap20110113_194421.png

snap20110113_215603.png

snap20110122_233221.png

snap20110122_233250.png

snap20110122_233404.png

snap20110122_233412.png

snap20110122_233429.png

snap20110124_234510.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones