• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] REVOlution for Droid X Froyo 2.2 R2 (9/14/2010)

Thanks I will try that..:D:)

Is there a method to doing this install? I got the apk file but the vending.apk file does not install. Sure it is something simple but never did this before so asking. MarketUpdate.apk installs fine but not the vending apk file. I have my backup of the previous file and a nandroid backup, but wanted to get this working if I could befoe I restore teh backup to get the market back intact, thanks.:thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Is there a method to doing this install? I got the apk file but the vending.apk file does not install. Sure it is something simple but never did this before so asking. MarketUpdate.apk installs fine but not the vending apk file. I have my backup of the previous file and a nandroid backup, but wanted to get this working if I could befoe I restore teh backup to get the market back intact, thanks.:thinking::thinking:

You need to rename or delete the old vending.apk and then move the new vending.apk file to the system/app folder. Once in the system/app folder you need to change the permission to: User: Read, Write; Group: Read; and Others: Read. Do not try to install the file, once you've changed the permissions just reboot your phone and you should be all set.

Reactions: sqldroidx
Upvote 0
You need to rename or delete the old vending.apk and then move the new vending.apk file to the system/app folder. Once in the system/app folder you need to change the permission to: User: Read, Write; Group: Read; and Others: Read. Do not try to install the file, once you've changed the permissions just reboot your phone and you should be all set.

Thanks that did it:):)..I only made one change I left other as read and execute as the appbrain market app requires access to that file and changing it to read only broke the app. Great fix and now I will look for a black google search and I am good to go:):). The one 928 uses is outdated and when I update it to the current version it will only drop the black theme and replace it with the stock...Thanks again for all of your help and I have hit thanks above as well. :):)

Upvote 0
Thanks that did it:):)..I only made one change I left other as read and execute as the appbrain market app requires access to that file and changing it to read only broke the app. Great fix and now I will look for a black google search and I am good to go:):). The one 928 uses is outdated and when I update it to the current version it will only drop the black theme and replace it with the stock...Thanks again for all of your help and I have hit thanks above as well. :):)

Hmm, I'm using the one from 928 and I haven't seen any updates available for it. My Google Voice Search version is 2.0.1.

If you want upload the new google search apk file, give me the link, I'll download it and change it to the black theme and then give you a link to download it.

Upvote 0
OK, I have been a huge revo theme fan ever since first rooting my old droid 1. I was relieved to see it available for the x, but it seems a little less encompassing here. the google news and weather app isn't themed (which is a big one for me), and I don't recall how to get the launcher pro widgets themed to match, which i know i had on my d1. Help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones