• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] REVOlution for Droid X Froyo 2.2 R2 (9/14/2010)

sfdwfjRG.jpeg

Do you mind sharing what clock widget you are using??

Upvote 0
Sorry, I posted this in the OP, but basically what I meant was that it is supposed to be installed over Tranquility 1.5. If not, then yes, you'll get the repeat apps (i.e. the Email, and MMS build from AOSP/Cyanogen source).

You can, of course, just remove the repeat apps w/ root explorer or adb/terminal commands. Look in the remove bloatware thread on how to do that.

So...should I use the original to avoid getting the double apps? Or...better yet, I know how to remove them using root explorer...what are the .apk's named so I can find them in the \apps folder?

Upvote 0
I just bumped into this same problem. What I did to fix it was I made a backup of the "messaging 2.2" apk with Titanium Back, and then I uninstalled it. Thats all I did and it fixed my duplicate messaging problem.

For what it's worth, the R2 version of the REVolution theme includes duplicate apps, as others have said. According to Titanium Backup, those apps are Calendar 2.2, Email 2.2 and [SMS/MMS Prefs] Messaging 2.2...just freeze those in Titanium and make sure you're able to use the stock calendar, email and text apps and you should be good to delete them (or just leave them frozen, that will also prevent duplicates.)

Of course, if you prefer the apps that come with the R2 version of the REVolution theme you could always just freeze the stock apps...but either way you will have duplicate notifications if you don't freeze or uninstall one of these duplicate apps.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, the R2 version of the REVolution theme includes duplicate apps, as others have said. According to Titanium Backup, those apps are Calendar 2.2, Email 2.2 and [SMS/MMS Prefs] Messaging 2.2...just freeze those in Titanium and make sure you're able to use the stock calendar, email and text apps and you should be good to delete them (or just leave them frozen, that will also prevent duplicates.)

Of course, if you prefer the apps that come with the R2 version of the REVolution theme you could always just freeze the stock apps...but either way you will have duplicate notifications if you don't freeze or uninstall one of these duplicate apps.

How do tell which one is the stock and which is from the theme?

Upvote 0
For me to get rid of the double messages I went into the app list on ADB and renamed Conversations.apk to Conversations.bak which I read on one of the forums worked and it worked for me I dont have duplicates. And I installed the original Revolution theme which I believe is based off of tranquility 1.5 or so is there any major difference to install R2 besides the apps.......and yawdapaah do you see any difference installing rubiX's mod with revolution on top?

Upvote 0
what is the difference between the R2 version and the original?

also, what is the difference between the different fonts?

The R2 is built using a newer version of 2.2

The different fonts are just a change from the stock. They are a bit "thinner" though.

So if we install this over the newest TranQ, 2.3.7, do i lose any of the features of TranQ?

No, you shouldn't, as it is still based on 2.3.15, but if you do try this, please make a nandroid first :)

Upvote 0
I might have missed where this was posted elsewhere, but my "compose" button in the Email app is a picture that would indicate muting (speaker with an X).

Also, I don't get the icon that's yellow with a phone and a square that seems to come up in some menus. What is that supposed to mean?

I did a factory reset before I installed the theme so it shouldn't have carried over from an old one.

Upvote 0
I might have missed where this was posted elsewhere, but my "compose" button in the Email app is a picture that would indicate muting (speaker with an X).

Also, I don't get the icon that's yellow with a phone and a square that seems to come up in some menus. What is that supposed to mean?

I did a factory reset before I installed the theme so it shouldn't have carried over from an old one.

Yeah, I've noticed that mute thing too. I'll look into it :)

Also, I don't know about the yellow icon you're referring to, but if all you did was a factory reset, that does nothing to previously installed themes.

Themes are installed on the /system partition, whereas a factory reset only wipes /data and /cache.

Thanks for the theme. It's quickly become my favourite. :)

Any chance of getting an option with no clock in the notification bar?

I can look into this as well. IIRC, it's a pretty simple mod to the services.jar file.

Reactions: stevendbrady
Upvote 0
So if we install this over the newest TranQ, 2.3.7, do i lose any of the features of TranQ?

Then I hope you make an update soon. thanks for your work and for the caution :)

Well, my answer was to the question, "Do I lose any features of TranQ" :)

I'll update this eventually, but for the time being, it is compatible with all these new ROMs (2.3.15 based - Tranq, rubiX, etc)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones