• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme]Rogue Cell X ApeX v1.4

VoidedSaint

Resident Ninja
Feb 10, 2010
Virginia
http://www.mediafire.com/?bgvnoc5femmb8kb
*Update*
The download will now install. there was an error in my updaterscript so i just fixed it.

Rogue Cell X is a new theme i just got done creating

its from a combination of
BWC for Apex
and GingerBread Blue for Apex
If someone can do the 3G and make it different go for it, the original 3G version i had was ugly

Thanks goes out to
faber78 - thank you for ALL of your help
bouchigo - Thank you for informing me of some things that i needed to do this
Fabolous - for the great rom known as ApeX
Droid Does!! - over at droidforums.net thank you for helpin me out with some image modifications ryan

Installation:

1. Download file(s) and place the .zip files on the root of your sd card
2. Reboot into Clockwork recovery
3. Go to system and mount and mount system (should read unmount if done correctly) Just to be safe I would recommended this step.
4. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard
5. Install RogueCellX
6. ENJOY!

This theme has both BWC and Gingerbread Blue in here, when all the images have been edited somewhat. Once i can get my hands on a few more apk's i will theme them as well. The background was created by me, took a long time to do it but i finally succeeded in it

snap20110220_223409.png

snap20110220_223400.png

snap20110220_223412.png

snap20110220_223511.png

snap20110220_223422.png

snap20110220_223415.png

i started to decompile/recompile the apex main framework (have to use the one from the rom) and it gave me an error....im in a hurry but may be able to get back to it later.
- i did the same with framework from fission with no error.

makes me think there may be an error inside the main framework of apex that we need to know about....i think liberty 1.0 was this way.

bo may be more help, ill get back to it in a while....just a heads up.

(for text color change)....we may need to get with the developer of apex and find out if there is an error in the main framework that needs fixed to recompile.
i could be wrong as well.

Upvote 0
Faber, were you able to decompile it successfully? I was able to decompile it but after I did some of the system text changes in values/color.xml I was given an error recompiling it. What was your error log telling you?

And VS. good looking theme you got going man! keep it up

thanks aggie and like faber told me last night in an email, im never really done, there are still some graphics i can tweak, i didnt like the 3G i created it was just too big, so im going to work on that a little
i wanted to try something other than a circle battery, and i thought.. why not an X since it is the droid X maybe someone will like it, but i need medication if im going to do this again! haha
no one really knows the time consuming work that goes into this stuff, and the headaches that follow, i now do.

on a side note i noticed the gingerbread keyboard isnt working, and i know why, unfortunately im at work and cannot change that :( so when i get home im going to take care of it. so if people have downloaded it, and installed it, if you got the gingerbread keyboard working great, if not, just wait for me to get home and fix that.

Upvote 0
Yeah you'll always find something that you'll want to tweek. And I do like the batter icon! I was just thinking the other day that a new style of icon would be nice cause I feel like I've seen them all.

And yes. This stuff takes a lot of time and patience. You really have to want to do it otherwise most will give up. I hope to soon find time to make an A&M theme. Maroon white and some black :) Maybe after my quantum mechanics test friday I can start..

Upvote 0
Faber, were you able to decompile it successfully? I was able to decompile it but after I did some of the system text changes in values/color.xml I was given an error recompiling it. What was your error log telling you?

And VS. good looking theme you got going man! keep it up
nah, havent tried again yet though.

you're supposed to take the framework out of the original rom and drcompile that then make changes and recompile/sign it...then port the theme in to it and continue with any other changes.

since i couldnt get the original apex 1.4 framework to recompile (but can fission) im guessing almost for sure there is an issue inside apex 1.4 framework we need to know about.

for instance when bo taught me to do liberty 1.0 you had to go inside its framework and delete a messed up toggle button and toggle button.9 in order for it to recompile correctly.

maybe fab will know?

Upvote 0
nah, havent tried again yet though.

you're supposed to take the framework out of the original rom and drcompile that then make changes and recompile/sign it...then port the theme in to it and continue with any other changes.

since i couldnt get the original apex 1.4 framework to recompile (but can fission) im guessing almost for sure there is an issue inside apex 1.4 framework we need to know about.

for instance when bo taught me to do liberty 1.0 you had to go inside its framework and delete a messed up toggle button and toggle button.9 in order for it to recompile correctly.

maybe fab will know?

I'm trying something right now, I will let you know if it works or not; I have to restore my ApeX 1.4.0 backup first.

Upvote 0
Bo told me about apex 141
I was able to decompile it and recompile with no errors after deleting
An erred status bar background.9? I think it was. You can see it in the error log or by go ping through the dtwble hdpi folder and it should be the one that doesn't show as a picture.

Upvote 0
warning
dont download this if you arent prepared for problems.
recompiled 1.4.1 with black text changes BUT bo was saying he already went through this causing force close issues.

testRogueCellX.zip

(void: if you try this let me know how it goes, or of course repost with your changes....im sure it will need a bunch; assuming it even works).

well as we speak im working to remodify all the png's including the .9's so hopefully people will actually like it this time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones