1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Theme]Rogue Cell X ApeX v1.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VoidedSaint, Feb 20, 2011.

1. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

http://www.mediafire.com/?bgvnoc5femmb8kb
    *Update*
    The download will now install. there was an error in my updaterscript so i just fixed it.

Rogue Cell X is a new theme i just got done creating

its from a combination of
    BWC for Apex
    and GingerBread Blue for Apex
    If someone can do the 3G and make it different go for it, the original 3G version i had was ugly

Thanks goes out to
    faber78 - thank you for ALL of your help
    bouchigo - Thank you for informing me of some things that i needed to do this
    Fabolous - for the great rom known as ApeX
    Droid Does!! - over at droidforums.net thank you for helpin me out with some image modifications ryan

Installation:

1. Download file(s) and place the .zip files on the root of your sd card
    2. Reboot into Clockwork recovery
    3. Go to system and mount and mount system (should read unmount if done correctly) Just to be safe I would recommended this step.
    4. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard
    5. Install RogueCellX
    6. ENJOY!

This theme has both BWC and Gingerbread Blue in here, when all the images have been edited somewhat. Once i can get my hands on a few more apk's i will theme them as well. The background was created by me, took a long time to do it but i finally succeeded in it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

gmenfan83 and bouchigo like this.
  2. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

Ok... Now that's nice!

3. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Really nice theme. Only thing is the white text on cyan is kind of hard to see.

4. VoidedSaint

yes i agree i want to change it to black text, i will ask faber, or bouchigo how to do it :p

5. faber78

faber78 Guest

i started to decompile/recompile the apex main framework (have to use the one from the rom) and it gave me an error....im in a hurry but may be able to get back to it later.
    - i did the same with framework from fission with no error.

makes me think there may be an error inside the main framework of apex that we need to know about....i think liberty 1.0 was this way.

bo may be more help, ill get back to it in a while....just a heads up.

(for text color change)....we may need to get with the developer of apex and find out if there is an error in the main framework that needs fixed to recompile.
    i could be wrong as well.

6. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Faber, were you able to decompile it successfully? I was able to decompile it but after I did some of the system text changes in values/color.xml I was given an error recompiling it. What was your error log telling you?

And VS. good looking theme you got going man! keep it up

7. VoidedSaint

thanks aggie and like faber told me last night in an email, im never really done, there are still some graphics i can tweak, i didnt like the 3G i created it was just too big, so im going to work on that a little
    i wanted to try something other than a circle battery, and i thought.. why not an X since it is the droid X maybe someone will like it, but i need medication if im going to do this again! haha
    no one really knows the time consuming work that goes into this stuff, and the headaches that follow, i now do.

on a side note i noticed the gingerbread keyboard isnt working, and i know why, unfortunately im at work and cannot change that :( so when i get home im going to take care of it. so if people have downloaded it, and installed it, if you got the gingerbread keyboard working great, if not, just wait for me to get home and fix that.

8. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Yeah you'll always find something that you'll want to tweek. And I do like the batter icon! I was just thinking the other day that a new style of icon would be nice cause I feel like I've seen them all.

And yes. This stuff takes a lot of time and patience. You really have to want to do it otherwise most will give up. I hope to soon find time to make an A&M theme. Maroon white and some black :) Maybe after my quantum mechanics test friday I can start..

9. faber78

faber78 Guest

nah, havent tried again yet though.

you're supposed to take the framework out of the original rom and drcompile that then make changes and recompile/sign it...then port the theme in to it and continue with any other changes.

since i couldnt get the original apex 1.4 framework to recompile (but can fission) im guessing almost for sure there is an issue inside apex 1.4 framework we need to know about.

for instance when bo taught me to do liberty 1.0 you had to go inside its framework and delete a messed up toggle button and toggle button.9 in order for it to recompile correctly.

maybe fab will know?

10. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Member

maybe its just me.. but the icons are too appealing.

11. VoidedSaint

they are too appealing??? is that a bad thing?

12. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I'm trying something right now, I will let you know if it works or not; I have to restore my ApeX 1.4.0 backup first.

13. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Member

Sorry meant to type aren't too appealing.

14. VoidedSaint

o well thanks lol. guess its something i need to work on

15. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

@VoidedSaint,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but your updater script has errors in it. Your theme wasn't installing until I fixed it (I didn't actually fix yours, I just used my updater script). I'm just letting you know so you can fix it, otherwise your theme won't install if you don't correct the errors.

16. VoidedSaint

what are the errors?

17. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert

i like the battery indicator and background, the icons are a bit too bright for me

18. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I think you are missing a parentheses and have a space where it's not supposed to be.

I got the text to change to black, but I get a bunch of force close errors. I'm not sure how Fabolous compiled the framework that's causing these errors.

19. VoidedSaint

ok well im going to re-edit it, and then repost the file

20. faber78

faber78 Guest

how did you get past the errors while recompiling?

21. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I used APK Manager 4.8 instead of 4.9.

22. faber78

faber78 Guest

Wow, didn't know a different one would do that. Sweet....

23. faber78

faber78 Guest

Bo told me about apex 141
    I was able to decompile it and recompile with no errors after deleting
    An erred status bar background.9? I think it was. You can see it in the error log or by go ping through the dtwble hdpi folder and it should be the one that doesn't show as a picture.

24. VoidedSaint

well as we speak im working to remodify all the png's including the .9's so hopefully people will actually like it this time