• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1 (WIFI FIXED) - 6/13/2010

Did Fab fix the wifi?

• Yes

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
Anyone know why my music app crashes when the playlist tab is selected? Clearing data fixes it, until playlist is selected again.

It was an error with that particular version of the music player. Fab's since updated it in his NexTheme and xTheme, so you could probably pull it out of there and replace the buggy one.

Reactions: pasquale
Upvote 0
It was actually the musicmod script, forgot I enabled it. Went back to the original music.apk and it fixed the playlists. Thanks for jarring my memory!

My fix still works if you prefer the other music player, with its much swankier widgets. Pop the music.apk out of Fab's NexTheme for BB 0.4 and then run the musicmod script and you'll have the same music player, minus the playlist error.

Upvote 0
Another great rom Fab! I am usually able to figure most problems out on my own, but not with this one.
I have earbuds with the built in mic, and button. On the previous roms i have used from you(all exellent!) I have been able to answer a call by pressing the button on my earbuds. With this rom no luck, short press, long press, nothing. I can click it to end the call, but not to answer.
There are no other programs in memory that are controling headset button presses either.
Any ideas? :thinking:

*Update, I deleted the stock music app(was sitting in memory) and it seems to be working now. I guess there is a problem on how Froyo handles the transport focus between applications for media button presses?

I am going to assume this is not a problem with the rom but with other programs needing to update media button handling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones