• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1 (WIFI FIXED) - 6/13/2010

Did Fab fix the wifi?

• Yes

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
I found that some apps are getting stuck installing after download from market, Dont click cancel download or it will erase the app. if this happens use a file explorer like astro and go to the downloads folder, the app wil be there just tap on it to install. (This may not work for apps intalled in the system folder)

After doing this I cleared cache and data from Market and everything seems to be good with the market now.

Upvote 0
Yeah, thanks, I know how to do it - I'm asking if it is necessary.

It's up to you :D

The file is the full ROM though, so you can install over anything.

I'll be updating the file with battery percentages in a bit. I'll also have a file for those who already installed, which will just add the percentages.

Oh, and I got the job (but I've been working for these guys for 4 years, so...you know :D )

Upvote 0
Congrats, dude! And, hmmm, maybe I should wait on the battery percentages....

Does this also break MotoTorch? Cause I reverted to FRF57 after I moved a few apps to SDCard via TiBu - and the phone went into a major boot loop....

So, I reverted to my full backup of the frf57, cleaned up some apps I never use, and am now trying to figure out why 2 apps are not showing in market, as well as trying to figure out why in the world the Market FCs on me whenever I try to pick an app made by Google, and then select "Show me more"....

Upvote 0
Easiest way to get your apps back is... Log in then got to the regular home NOT the launcher pro..Add the power widget to your screen and turn wifi on.. It will take 80% less time to load up if you do this... If you go to the market, it can mess things up.. So wait till its done syncing..

Thanks flyguide! That's an awesome tip. My 3G sucks at home and I would never have thought to add the Power Control widget to turn my WiFi on. WiFi connected instantly, but I'm waiting for all my Market apps to quit syncing before I test anything, like what happens when I forget my network.

Upvote 0
Glad I checked the file size :p

Yeah, though I think I was just about to figure it out, cause my updater for those who already installed failed too.

Turns out I put the same old framework-res in it :D

so...is it updated now? i was juuuuuust about to dl it too. lol

Yep, it's really done this time!

Upvote 0
That's cool Fab....downloading in a bit!

Also would love the stock fonts if possible.....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm about to put that and the fixed battery percentages in the OP.

awesome!!!! thanks man! BTW are you going to put the rounded edges on the status bar by any chance? i really like that touch haha

They already are rounded, though it is very subtle. Not as obvious as say, CyanogenMod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones