• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1 (WIFI FIXED) - 6/13/2010

Did Fab fix the wifi?

• Yes

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
Fab...installed via CW, no wireless (says it connects, but nothing works, browser, apps, etc., can't see internet), using connections that were restored.

Everything else seems OK...haven't testted BT yet, but that's worked every time I've installed 2.2.

Don't expect 2.2 to keep working for me for too much longer, but at least wanted to provide another wireless data point for you. :)

Hope the job interview went great for you...

Upvote 0
Well, Fab, I survived a nandroid backup and reboot, as well as applying the default fonts zip and p3droid's 1GHz kernel. 1287 Quadrant score (w/normal use on-demand settings in SetCPU), Linpack averaging 15.7, shortbench around 215.

So we may have a first here...when I have had to reboot it can take me a couple reboots to get stable again, but I might actually have a functioning Froyo setup now.

Hard to believe, I know. ;) We'll see, hitting the hay now, tomorrow is another day.

Upvote 0
Flashed this morning with no install problems using ROM Manager. When I enable wi-fi, the phone continually scans although it does show a list of existing hotspots to choose from and I am able to select a hotspot and connect to it. Once "connected" the settings show a connection established, but the scanning continues and the 3G icon in notification bar remains.

Figure I'll try installing various other OC kernels to see if they help. If not, I suppose I'll go back to my previous FRFxx 2.2 install. Sigh.

Thanks for the great work nonetheless. I know it's only a matter of time. Besides, eventually a better version of 2.2 will drop and I'll be upgrading again anyway! :D

Upvote 0
Fab - For starters, this ROM is awesome! But alas, Wifi is a no go for me on P3 or ChevyNo1 ULV kernels.. c'est la vie.. thank goodness 3G is awesome where I am!

Currently running ChevyNo1 1.2Ghz ULV Kernel.. and it is awesome!!

Chrome to Phone rocks too, hehe..

I can only imagine how awesome my Droid is going to be once the official 2.2 update is released! (Wifi will likely work too, haha)

Upvote 0
Wow. This ROM is great. And fast! I have working WiFi (at least at home, haven't tried connecting to any new networks yet) and not a single reboot (had a few of them with other Froyo ROMs if I ran any kernel above 800Mhz). But I can run P3Droid's 1.2Ghz kernel and I'm completely stable.

Linpack score hitting 18.731 (and consistently above 18.100 on every test).
Quadrant score at 1631 (my first time above 1600).

But, most importantly, this ROM is smooth and stable.

Great work as usual, Fab.

Upvote 0
My market and gmail are broke with Froyo

The market will not show downloaded apps. No matter what I try, clear the cache, clear the market data nothing helps. I tried Titanium market link restore as well. Even when I download a new app it will not show up in downloaded apps.

My gmail will receive mail fine but will not send out mail. It just says sending... forever.

Upvote 0
it looks like girluvsdroid and i are having the same problem.

we're unable to run the zipalign_apks script from adb, following the directions from here which we've done tons of times.

we were able to get adb shell to work just fine but when we typed "su" the message we got back was "/sbin/sh: su: not found." though we have def super user permissions. incidentally, we don't have a /system/sbin directory on our phones, although we do have /system/bin and /system/xbin.

so, i restored my last bugless beast frf57 and was able to
zipalign_apks from adb no problem.

also, i still can only get teslaled to work in nextbeast frf57 v0.1, whereas mototorch v2.8 (3.1 doesn't for me. i didn't test 3.1 for nextbeast.) works perfectly on bugless beast frf57.

anybody have an answer to this?

best,
rf

Upvote 0
I have a skinned LauncherPro 5.1 for everyone. Only images I transferred over were the ones for the search widget, however, if your on 2.2 the old search widget does not work very well. I found that after opening and closing the widget stays at the top of the screen until you restart LauncherPro. Anyone else with that problem?

Anyways here it is: LauncherPro.5.1.apk

This is signed and installable

Reactions: Gpaint
Upvote 0
My market and gmail are broke with Froyo

The market will not show downloaded apps. No matter what I try, clear the cache, clear the market data nothing helps. I tried Titanium market link restore as well. Even when I download a new app it will not show up in downloaded apps.

My gmail will receive mail fine but will not send out mail. It just says sending... forever.

Did you try bghill's market fix? Leaked Version Froyo Market Fix - Team Chaos - AllDroid Public Board - Leaked Version Froyo Market Fix - Team Chaos - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Mine was running slow last night for the first few hours after I first flashed the ROM, but it's settled in and is really fast now. I did run bgill's market fix update zip, and I also did a few battery pulls trying to find a kernel that would work for my picky Droid, and I've heard others report that each of those things have helped their market problems. All I know is that mine is blazing fast right now, and it sure wasn't last night.

Upvote 0
Did you try bghill's market fix? Leaked Version Froyo Market Fix - Team Chaos - AllDroid Public Board - Leaked Version Froyo Market Fix - Team Chaos - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Mine was running slow last night for the first few hours after I first flashed the ROM, but it's settled in and is really fast now. I did run bgill's market fix update zip, and I also did a few battery pulls trying to find a kernel that would work for my picky Droid, and I've heard others report that each of those things have helped their market problems. All I know is that mine is blazing fast right now, and it sure wasn't last night.

Yea I just tried that and it seemed to work. Although gmail is still acting up.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to get the black themed Google search widget to work on other Home launchers? I noticed in LP it goes back to being a white one with a green voice logo.

Edit: Found out that there are two Google search widgets in the list now. The original one, and the one with a blue logo which is the themed one I was looking for :D

Upvote 0
been running this since release and am very happy. i was having kernel trouble, but i got that sorted out with jdflg's 1.2ghz lv. the only thing i can find wrong, besides my wifi (which was expected) is that the droidboot script removes the ani completely. i want the "droid" boot pete made! it was definitely working in bb .1 FRF57. otehr than that, great job!! has anyone made a clear power widget with the froyo settings.apk yet??

Upvote 0
Flashed this morning with no install problems using ROM Manager. When I enable wi-fi, the phone continually scans although it does show a list of existing hotspots to choose from and I am able to select a hotspot and connect to it. Once "connected" the settings show a connection established, but the scanning continues and the 3G icon in notification bar remains.

Figure I'll try installing various other OC kernels to see if they help. If not, I suppose I'll go back to my previous FRFxx 2.2 install. Sigh.

Thanks for the great work nonetheless. I know it's only a matter of time. Besides, eventually a better version of 2.2 will drop and I'll be upgrading again anyway! :D
Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but I just flashed the NexFro ROM and have the exact same wi-fi issue as NexBeast. I plan to try flashing the other FRF57 ROMs to see if the problem can be traced to the specific kernel rather than any modifications Fab or Pete may have done themselves...

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but I just flashed the NexFro ROM and have the exact same wi-fi issue as NexBeast. I plan to try flashing the other FRF57 ROMs to see if the problem can be traced to the specific kernel rather than any modifications Fab or Pete may have done themselves...

It seems from reading various threads that the wifi issue is created when Froyo is themed....straight Froyo doesn't seem to cause a problem...

not sure if the issue is only when using a Nextheme theme or if there may be a theme that doesn't cause the problem....seems like I read where the Team Chaos Black theme isn't causing wifi issues....if that's the case the problem may be inherent to Nextheme....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones