• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexBeast V1.1 (updated 5/27/2010)

How do I reset this poll!

• Yes

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 64.1%

• Total voters
Hey Fab, I flashed your theme over BB V 1.0, and I did a data wipe/ factory reset. When I tried to download some apps from the market, I kept getting force closes everytime I started to download something....did I do something wrong?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i was having the same problem last night when i flashed the theme on top of BB1. Its a mixed bag of people who get that error. I dont know if it has been fixed yet.

Upvote 0
I switched over to Pete's script, so the market should not be doing this anymore.

Are you guys using SPRecovery or Clockwork? I have only tested on Clockwork, but I trust that Pete's update script should work for SPRecovery too.

If you're using SPRecovery and it's giving you issues, could you please try installing with Clockwork to see if that fixes it?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I switched over to Pete's script, so the market should not be doing this anymore.

Are you guys using SPRecovery or Clockwork? I have only tested on Clockwork, but I trust that Pete's update script should work for SPRecovery too.

If you're using SPRecovery and it's giving you issues, could you please try installing with Clockwork to see if that fixes it?

Thanks!

im DLing Nextheme right now and i will flash it later tonight. I used clockwork to install Nextheme last night and got the market error but that was before pete's script. I will let you know, i really hope it works. Has anyone had any problems flashing the 1ghz kernal? BB1 wouldnt take it last night on my phone, i had to restore it twice last night.

Upvote 0
Hey Fab, I assume your theme was the NexTheme that was in ROM Manager. If it is, I flashed it and love it, it looks great, I love the font. The only change I made was that I am running the Clockwork Launcher because I am a dork that loves the 3d app drawer.

You can't go wrong with that! Actually, the NexTheme in ROM manager is the one I ported over for Pete's ROM, but it only includes what Pete had in his ROM stock.

This image includes some extra goodies (themed Helix, HTC_IME, tethering apps, etc), but are essentially the same ROM.

They are both excellent!

Upvote 0
Is the spacing of the icons on the home screen shown in some of the screenshots a feature of the ROM, specific launcher or is there a setting somewhere that I can change that? I just installed BW, but I can only get 2 rows of icons with the clock and weather widget.

That's a feature of helix launcher, that allows you to put 4 additional shortcuts (2 on each side of the app tray)

If you use helix launcher, when you are putting shortcuts on the desktop, those four spaces will glow green and you can drop shortcuts on them (and they remain there regardless of which home screen you're on)

Reactions: Terrorskull
Upvote 0
Yikes! This is the default 600MHz kernel?

What happens if you remove the SDcard?

Sorry for your troubles! I have never encountered this error, so I don't even know where to begin!

same thing without the Sdcard..

then I do a complete wipe again and reinstall.. working fine, then I reboot

does it again..

Restoring back to you older version, see what happens..

ugh.. maybe I will try Pete's with Nextheme only..

not sure what else it is

Upvote 0
Jeff, did you wipe the boot partition too?

Pete's new release doesn't play well with kernels besides the ones he posted, so maybe remnants of an old kernel could be causing this?

Just throwing out some ideas.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yes I did..

Question, Will google 'auto' download my apps? maybe that was the issue? is was auto downloading an app when I rebooted and that caused my issue?

EDIT: looks like Data is transferring and the phone is 'idle'

Upvote 0
Fab

Thanks for your outstanding work (along with Pete of course).....I had been strictly a CM user since rooting, but v1.0 changed my mind....

One quick question....I really miss the feature that was in CM where if you hit the power/end button (top button) it also gave you the option of rebooting your phone...really came in handy....

Is this a feature that has to be built into the ROM? It's not an option to check in Spare Parts is it? This would be at the top of my wish list for any future revisions....

Upvote 0
Yes I did..

Question, Will google 'auto' download my apps? maybe that was the issue? is was auto downloading an app when I rebooted and that caused my issue?

EDIT: looks like Data is transferring and the phone is 'idle'

I don't think that should cause the phone to go into a reboot cycle though. I didn't give the phone enough time to auto download, I think, I just went straight onto Wifi and restored all my apps in one fell swoop.

It should auto redownload though. If not, all your apps will be in the downloads section of the market waiting for you.

Fab

Thanks for your outstanding work (along with Pete of course).....I had been strictly a CM user since rooting, but v1.0 changed my mind....

One quick question....I really miss the feature that was in CM where if you hit the power/end button (top button) it also gave you the option of rebooting your phone...really came in handy....

Is this a feature that has to be built into the ROM? It's not an option to check in Spare Parts is it? This would be at the top of my wish list for any future revisions....

Funny how such a simple feature is actually quite hard to implement. I think it has to be built into the framework, and I (or Pete, it seems) don't really know how to do that. Sorry :(

I think there's an app called 'quick boot' that lets you reboot real quick, or even into recovery.

Upvote 0
Funny how such a simple feature is actually quite hard to implement. I think it has to be built into the framework, and I (or Pete, it seems) don't really know how to do that. Sorry :(

I think there's an app called 'quick boot' that lets you reboot real quick, or even into recovery.

Thanks for the quick feedback....as smooth as this ROM is I can live without the reboot feature!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones