• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Themed ROM] NexFro 1.0.1 - Android 2.2 FRF57 (WIFI FIXED)

Thanks for deciding the name!

• NexFro

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • NexCream

Votes: 22 16.5%

• Total voters
I find that sometimes if Facebook isn't syncing my contacts, I go to the settings, select sync off, go to my news feed. Then back into settings, sync all (or existing) and magically, it starts to sync. Didn't have to do this in 2.2 though...

Thanks for the update. Just in case, try a couple of reboots before you get home tonight. Somehow, my wifi started working again after I left my phone on the charger overnight.

Have to make a mental note of that. Like you said, hasn't been a problem w/ 2.2 yet, but ya never know.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update. Just in case, try a couple of reboots before you get home tonight. Somehow, my wifi started working again after I left my phone on the charger overnight.

I'm gonna give this a try...I guess I haven't been patient enough with it. I have been flashing, then when the WiFI doesn't work I flash back to stock 2.2.

Upvote 0
I flash the update.zip (1.01) with the stock kernel. (At least I think...I don't change anything with the download, and don't flash any kernels afterward) When I reboot, I go to Settings>Wifi & Networks (or whatever_>WiFi Settings>Turn on WiFi. Then I select my wireless network, and hit connect in the box that pops up. I live nowhere near anybody else, so my network is unsecured. Anyway, as soon as I hit connect, the status under the "Turn On/Off WiFi" area changes to "Scanning..." and never changes...I don't know what I am doing wrong, because I have flashed it 3 times. Should I re-download?

I noticed the "Scanning" issue on mine as well when it pulls up the list of available networks.. will see if a few reboots or charging overnight fixes the issue.

For the record, Fab's ROMs have worked dang near FLAWLESSLY on my Droid with no real issues :) (and in all honesty, this is the first issue I've ever had in general with my Droid! :p)

Upvote 0
Flashed it last night, but kept the .41 baseband and so far so good. Mototorch is not working for me either. But Voice works and Wifi works until I watch a flash video on a website then it stops working, still connected though, I just disconnect and connect again and it works like nothing happened. I did notice the battery drains a little faster then NB1.1, I will keep an eye on it some more. Thanks Fab awesome job.

Upvote 0
I find that sometimes if Facebook isn't syncing my contacts, I go to the settings, select sync off, go to my news feed. Then back into settings, sync all (or existing) and magically, it starts to sync. Didn't have to do this in 2.2 though...

I tried that, still didn't work. It works for everyone else I assume, so it must be something with my phone/connection.

Upvote 0
I'm uploading that file right now. Care to test it out for me? Or anyone else who wants the default fonts.

Will load up now Fab and let you know how it goes....

Sorry for all the questions, but was out of the country for 6 days and now playing catch up....

Is Spare Parts gone from this build for some reason?...cannot locate in the first zip update...:thinking:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the awesome rom! I updated to the latest version 1.0.1 and noticed it came with nextheme fonts. Would it be possible to post an update.zip that just switches the fonts back to default? I found an old update.zip to switch the fonts to default in 2.1 roms but for some reason after I flash it I can't get any 3g (which doesn't make any sense I know, but I have done it twice on two different froyo roms and each time I apply the 2.1 default font update.zip it kills my 3g). If someone else knows of one that works please post a link.

Other than the fonts the rom has been nearly perfect for me. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Fab, you think there's a difference between doing battery pulls and reboots or are they essentially the same thing?

No idea. I haven't pulled a battery since my BB days, lol.

Well, that's a lie. But I've only need to pull a battery if I get stuck in a boot loop, or in recovery if a nandroid recovery gets stuck.

Will load up now Fab and let you know how it goes....

Sorry for all the questions, but was out of the country for 6 days and now playing catch up....

Is Spare Parts gone from this build for some reason?...cannot locate in the first zip update...:thinking:

I didn't include it. It doesn't seem to make any difference (like if I change transition speeds, it stays the same). So I figured it wasn't compatible with 2.2.

Thanks for the awesome rom! I updated to the latest version 1.0.1 and noticed it came with nextheme fonts. Would it be possible to post an update.zip that just switches the fonts back to default? I found an old update.zip to switch the fonts to default in 2.1 roms but for some reason after I flash it I can't get any 3g (which doesn't make any sense I know, but I have done it twice on two different froyo roms and each time I apply the 2.1 default font update.zip it kills my 3g). If someone else knows of one that works please post a link.

Other than the fonts the rom has been nearly perfect for me. Thanks!!

Please try this update.zip

NexFro101DF.zip

No need to wipe data or anything.

Upvote 0
Are you saying you can detect CPU temp in 2.2? AFAIK, none of the kernels have that implemented yet.

Which one are you running?

I can't offer any wisdom about why TempMonitor isn't working for CPU temp or whether that's a common problem on this ROM, but I did have this same problem a while back with a kernel by Adrenalyne on the Chaos team and ended up installing a free app from the Market called SystemPanel, which has a lot of very useful information, including real-time CPU temp. Since then, I've switched back to kernels that do support TempMonitor, but I never reinstalled TempMonitor, because I got the same info (plus a lot more) from SystemPanel.

EDIT: I just saw Fab's post above about the kernels for 2.2 not having implemented CPU temp support for TempMonitor. Since I haven't yet taken the 2.2 plunge, someone else will need to verify if SystemPanel can pick up CPU temp on 2.2.

I'm running P3s 1GHz kernel, TempMonitor doesn't work. But, SystemPanel does show the temps of both the battery and CPU in the app itself, but not in the notification bar.
CAP201006091252.jpg

Upvote 0
The AK8973 sensor is the battery temperature.

My guess is that app sees the system logged temp as 'battery' and then the realtime temperature as the AK8973.

You can confirm this in TempMonitor, as it shows the battery temp, "listening" to AK8973

The CPU temp, AFAIK, can only be read if the kernel has taz's hack in it.

Upvote 0
The AK8973 sensor is the battery temperature.

My guess is that app sees the system logged temp as 'battery' and then the realtime temperature as the AK8973.

You can confirm this in TempMonitor, as it shows the battery temp, "listening" to AK8973

The CPU temp, AFAIK, can only be read if the kernel has taz's hack in it.

Yes, you are correct sir, TempMonitor says the same thing, sorry for the misinformation.

Upvote 0
I noticed the "Scanning" issue on mine as well when it pulls up the list of available networks.. will see if a few reboots or charging overnight fixes the issue.

For the record, Fab's ROMs have worked dang near FLAWLESSLY on my Droid with no real issues :) (and in all honesty, this is the first issue I've ever had in general with my Droid! :p)

This is my first real issue with my Droid too!:D

Upvote 0
I dont know if its because I am doing an advanced restore in sprecovery to keep all my apps and data when flashing this over the beta froyo (should i not do this, it worked perfectly, havent had any problems just cant get the themed launcherpro) but for some reason I am not able to ever get the themed launcherpro, I've scanned through almost all 16 pages of the thread and havent seen this mentioned, is there a themed version of launcherpro included? Is it possible to host the .apk for it if you have a themed version since it is free in the market?

other than that this thing flies, except for the beta version of froyo that was released i was last using nextheme based off your ese81 build, have to say out of all the roms out there yours have worked the best on my phone and also IMO look the best.

Upvote 0
Whelp, I'm was looking like I was going down in flames again, as things started to to all to heck again...but looks like I saved it.

I was going to apply the new update.zip w/the stock fonts, and launched ROM Manager to apply that zip... ** but ** I got a prompt that there was a new version of Recovery available (I had flashed back to older 1.8.1.3 previously to resolve the issue when the Droid won't boot into recovery).

Anyway, allowed it to flash to 1.8.1.4 CM Recovery (realizing as I hit "OK" that it was probably a mistake to do so) and then (of course) would not boot into recovery.

Then I rebooted it and (just like other times) the Droid was misbehaving, not responding, locking up. I rebooted three times, and it was looking like I wasn't going to be able to get the Droid up and running again w/out extreme measures.

Finally changed my tactics, and rather than waiting several minutes after reboot to try to give the Droid time to settle, I instead jumped in immediately as soon as the SD card mounting was done after boot and launched ROM Manager and was able to get to flash 1.8.1.3 recovery just before it locked up again. (felt like a Mission: Impossible race against time). :)

Then pulled the battery and rebooted successfully into recovery, applied the default fonts zip, and rebooted and let it sit for 10 minutes to allow it to settle.

And voila, I appear to be up and running again.

So Fab, your update.zips are my holy grail at this point...gonna always keep one around to rescue me when things get dark and scary... :D

And thanks again for the default fonts...easier on my wimpy eyes.

Upvote 0
Alright, I'm a little worried. I was running 1.0.1 and decided to go back to a backup of 1.0 that I had made because that was running wifi for me. Booted into recovery, backed up my 1.0.1 and then cleared everything and restored my 1.0 backup. Now I've lost 3G!!!!!! No matter which back up I go to, it doesn't work? The only thing I haven't done is go back to my 2.1 backup. Any ideas, I'm running CW, but I've been running CW for this entire process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones