1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root themeing the calender apk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by h20, May 21, 2012.

1. h20

h20 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2012
    000xx0x0x000
    Daytona Beach FL
    edit: did a DATA compare with "Beyond Compare 3" and only difference between the native un modded calender.apk and my themed calender.apk is the file size's of the png's i themed.. mine are smaller everything else is the same....META-INF also matches perfect....

so i themed the calender apk and cant get it to install back i tried, hot swapping, decompile, recompile, resign, unsigned, dropping with es file explorer, uninstalling then pushing with QTadb and rebooting, after uninstalling with QTADB and installing themed apk with QTadb then yelids a error about parsing error missing certificates. QTAB logcat says 09:53:03.985 Error PackageParser 159 Package com.android.calendar has no certificates at entry classes.dex; ignoring! i really need some help hear been reading everything i can find on the net but i cant get it to install back all i changed was some png colors. not any drawpatch 9's or any code and checked permissions ther fine runnin the STARCROM i have done other system app's the same way and they installed without any problem ????

Advertisement

2. androidkrazy

androidkrazy Member
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    There's 2 ways I typically do what you are trying to do, I either create my own update zip file and flash via cwm or use ninjamorph. I don't believe you should have to sign that file either, I modded several apk's like phone and clock etc and don't remember having to sign them. For what you are doing, since you are only changing pics, I would probably just use ninjamorph. All you need to do is put the pics you want to add in on your sd, open ninjamorph find your calendar.apk, go into the drawable-mdpi folder and replace the pics you want in , make sure the file names are identical for the pics you are replacing, let ninjamorph recompile and push it back then reboot your phone and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

EDIT: On second look I pulled some of the old apk's I modded and yes they do need to be signed if your flashing via CWM

h20 likes this.
  3. h20

h20 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2012
    000xx0x0x000
    Daytona Beach FL
    edit thanks downloading ninjamorph now gonna try that
    edit ohh hell yha sweet its done thanks i spent 3 days tryn to install that apk

4. androidkrazy

androidkrazy Member
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Glad to hear you got it working :D

5. Loota

Loota Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 3, 2012
    Male
    Unemployed Medical Field Service Engineer
    Rockland, NY
    From what I've read you should not resign system apk's. Im sure cwm doesn't like flashing unsigned code but it may cause problems.

Glad it worked out for you.. I should check dis out.

6. h20

h20 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2012
    000xx0x0x000
    Daytona Beach FL
    i have resigned sys apk before without any problem thats how i allways do them but for some reason the calender.apk just didnt like it in fact it didnt like anything i tried idk