1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root THEMEs: Can I do this and if so, how?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyinjoe13, Feb 10, 2011.

1. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 18, 2010
    I opened up the mms.apk and edited a few of the icons to better match the overall theme i'm fooling around with. Basically, it's the three notification icons.

So now that I have that done, is there a way to install the updated mms.apk file over the stock one and if so, what is the best method? Should I make an update.zip file (hope not, because I don't know exactly how to make one)? Can I push the updated apk through the terminal manager? Or should I attach the phone to my PC and use adb?

Thanks for any info....

Nevermind. I figured it out. I took an update.zip I had for the market and replaced the Vending.apk with the Mms.apk and it flashed fine. All good now because my text notification icons now match the overall theme.

Advertisement

2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Chicago
    Would you be able to use this method to theme the stock messaging app as white text on black background, instead of the other way around? Froyo and Velocity V1.0 has almost every menu and screen on the phone themed dark, then you go to read a text and get blinded by a bright white screen. I've gone back to using Handcent which allows you to change the color, but I'm sick of having to have an extra app on my phone just for that one purpose. Could someone change the colors of the stock mms.apk and then we'd be able to flash it?

3. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2010
    Computer Electronics Engineer
    South Carolina
    Grats on changing the icons! and as far as the baclground, its a bit more tedious than that, it requires decopiling and recompiling, im working on it, and having some trouble

k.c.cole likes this.
Tags: