• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Theming question

wowser

Sep 30, 2010
Hi all,

I have a question regarding theming the icons that show up in the menus. I've installed one of the themes from the XDA forums and the issue i have is that when i click the menu button, 4 out of the 6 icons show up with the themed icon. I've opened up the framework-res.apk for this theme and I do see the missing icons in \res\drawable-hdpi. (Icons in question are ic_menu_notificatons.png and ic_menu_preferences.png).

What do i need to look at to see why these icons are not showing up? I'm on DJ05 and the theme was developed for this software. The developer of the theme has moved on to EB01 so i'm trying to reverse engineer and fix the problem myself.

I've looked through all of the guides to theming found in the different threads, but at this point i'm stuck.
Any pointers are appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a question regarding theming the icons that show up in the menus. I've installed one of the themes from the XDA forums and the issue i have is that when i click the menu button, 4 out of the 6 icons show up with the themed icon. I've opened up the framework-res.apk for this theme and I do see the missing icons in \res\drawable-hdpi. (Icons in question are ic_menu_notificatons.png and ic_menu_preferences.png).

What do i need to look at to see why these icons are not showing up? I'm on DJ05 and the theme was developed for this software. The developer of the theme has moved on to EB01 so i'm trying to reverse engineer and fix the problem myself.

I've looked through all of the guides to theming found in the different threads, but at this point i'm stuck.
Any pointers are appreciated.
Thanks.

you mean the soft key menu at the bottom? yeah thats a pita...because some launchers have their own icons inside of them that replace the system ones...*generally* in ss we use adw or adw ex because it calls up on the framework-res icons...whereas stupid lpp uses it own (as does 2.2 touchwiz) so you would have to actually theme those launchers to make it work...

just a pita

Upvote 0
you mean the soft key menu at the bottom? yeah thats a pita...because some launchers have their own icons inside of them that replace the system ones...*generally* in ss we use adw or adw ex because it calls up on the framework-res icons...whereas stupid lpp uses it own (as does 2.2 touchwiz) so you would have to actually theme those launchers to make it work...

just a pita

Thanks Nit. That must be it since i'm using lpp.

Well i messed around with framework-res.apk in system/framework trying to get it to work and totally screwed up my phone :(

Been awake most of the night trying to fix it but no luck. At least now i have a reason to move to eb01! Flashing it now...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones