1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

There are no updates available for your phone; 4.0.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by granero, Aug 16, 2012.

1. granero

granero Lurker

Hi all,

I'm from the UK and have a HTC One X (T-Mobile) and it currently has Android 4.0.3 software. However, I read that Android 4.0.4 came out last week. But, I've tried manually checking my device for updates and it comes up with "There are no updates available for your phone".

Anyone know how to get this to work? Or, should I just wait?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi granero, and welcome to AF :)

Was this announcement that T-Mobile One X's were receiving the update, or just that HTC were rolling it out? Generally operator-branded devices take longer to get updates than the unbranded ones, so that might be the answer.

I've moved this to the One X forum so that you can get feedback from other owners.

3. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Its not quite out to everyone in the UK im still waiting like quite a few others on here I think...

I check once a day... no idea when its here I'm guessing they have their order...

I'm on Orange/T-Mobile...

4. Wilkas

Wilkas Android Enthusiast

I'm on T-mobile but as I bought my phone online it's unbranded and I still haven't got it either. I read on another thread that is has something to do with IMEI numbers that determine when you get it... it will be soon though almost definitely by the end of the month.

It will also update your HTC sense and has been hailed as the best update they've done, really looking forward to it too!

http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-...-sense-4-1-update-rolling-out-europe-now.html

5. granero

granero Lurker

Thanks for the info everyone, guess I'll just have to wait!

6. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

Makes me think that bringing out 4.0.4 will mean that they will not be in any hurry with Jelly Bean.

7. jimbobcook

My thoughts exactly...

Nothing we can do really, at least were getting something lol

8. joela85

joela85 Newbie

still no update on orange UK, is it that difficult to roll out these updates after release?

9. rbennett3003

rbennett3003 Lurker

Hi guys.

Any idea when 4.0.4 will be released to the One X on Tesco Mobile. I know they us o2 as a carrier?

Thanks

Rob

10. jimbobcook

I dont think anyone has a date....

Just have to grin and bare it im afraid... :-\

11. polaris68

polaris68 Newbie

I have read that the release date will be september 3 on an Irish mobile phone forum. So it may be a while yet.

12. polaris68

polaris68 Newbie

Scratch that.

Available for me to download now. Unbranded on an Irish (emobile) network.

13. mc6701

mc6701 Newbie

Got my One X on Tuesday from Dial a Phone, it's an unbranded and assume unlock but don't have another micro sim to test......Currently with Orange.
    Just check and got the update and now installed but as i have not really had time to play with it before the update note sure whats changed.
    Based in the south of uk.

14. phil99

phil99 Well-Known Member

Mine is unbranded and I only got the notification when my wifi was turned off, as soon as I turned wifi on It said no updates avaliable, so switched wifi off and update was avaliable

15. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Interestingly it stayed for me. The notification came while on mobile data. I noticed it was like 140Mb so switched over to wifi to download.

16. krd656

krd656 Lurker

I have read that T Mobile customers were to start getting it on 8th Sept, but I only read that no idea if its true or not.

What i do know is i am on Orange and i contacted them to ask when they planned rolling this out to their customers with branded One X's and i got the following answer.

" We do not yet have a release date for this update, but we'll let you know when we hear anything further. Thanks!"

:mad:

17. alexward

alexward Newbie

I'm on T Mobile on a branded T Mobile One X and no update for me yet!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews