1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

There is any app to filter email?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by XPTO2410, Mar 26, 2012.

1. XPTO2410

XPTO2410 Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    Hi,

I'm a new user from android. I have to received emails all day on my phone but i want to disable internet on my phone. there is any app that disable internet but enable email and mms?

tanks

Advertisement

2. dosboss57

dosboss57 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    Sales Manager
    Montreal
    I don't think you can get emails if your internet is disabled....seriously !!!

3. XPTO2410

XPTO2410 Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    Maybe there was a filter only for email..

4. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    You must have an internet connection to send and receive email.

If you have a rooted phone, you could use a firewall program (Droidwall, Avast Mobile Security, etc.) to block certain apps from accessing the internet. In this case, you could create a whitelist and only allow email app to access. However, you'd need to leave your internet connection enabled. This would save on data usage, but likely not really save on battery consumption in a significant way.

If the reason to disable internet is to save on battery, there are apps which will turn on the internet connection occasionally to check for new messages, and then turn off again. This limits the amount of time you are online which saves some battery. I use Tasker to do this, but there are other simpler apps out there.

Finally, check your account and sync settings to ensure you don't have other unwanted things set to sync on your phone.

5. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    You must have an internet connection to send and receive email.

If you have a rooted phone, you could use a firewall program (Droidwall, Avast Mobile Security, etc.) to block certain apps from accessing the internet. In this case, you could create a whitelist and only allow email app to access. However, you'd need to leave your internet connection enabled. This would save on data usage, but likely not really save on battery consumption in a significant way.

If the reason to disable internet is to save on battery, there are apps which will turn on the internet connection occasionally to check for new messages, and then turn off again. This limits the amount of time you are online which saves some battery. I use Tasker to do this, but there are other simpler apps out there.

Finally, check your account and sync settings to ensure you don't have other unwanted things set to sync on your phone.