• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "There is no network connection right now.Please try again later." on my LG optimus GT540 swfit

Darksting

Aug 30, 2011
so im totally out idea i dont know what to do here i just can use internet,i mean when i use wi-fi close to some wi-fi network it works but near my house there is only 1 and its secured so i want to use the regular connection but i cant cuz when i go on my browser icon it says "webpage not available"

so im totally out idea i dont know what to do here i just can use internet,i mean when i use wi-fi close to some wi-fi network it works but near my house there is only 1 and its secured so i want to use the regular connection but i cant cuz when i go on my browser icon it says "webpage not available"

If you go to settings, Wireless and networks then hit mobile networks and check that mobile data is enabled, also I know its simple but you do have a signal dont you?

Reactions: Darksting
Upvote 0
If you go to settings, Wireless and networks then hit mobile networks and check that mobile data is enabled, also I know its simple but you do have a signal dont you?

how do i know if i have a signal? or check that mobile data is enabled?
i have mobile network ticked and then in mobile network settings:data roaming ticked,network mode is gsm only,use only 2g networks is ticked also.

Upvote 0
how do i know if i have a signal? or check that mobile data is enabled?
i have mobile network ticked and then in mobile network settings:data roaming ticked,network mode is gsm only,use only 2g networks is ticked also.

At the top of the screen there is an icon that shows how strong your signal is, next to the battery icon, and under mobile network settings there should be somthing that says "Data Enabled" with the description "Enable data over mobile network" make sure that is ticked, on my phone it is the first option but i'm running CM7 not stock ROMs so it could be in a differant part, but on stock roms i know it is there and under mobile network settings.

Upvote 0
At the top of the screen there is an icon that shows how strong your signal is, next to the battery icon, and under mobile network settings there should be somthing that says "Data Enabled" with the description "Enable data over mobile network" make sure that is ticked, on my phone it is the first option but i'm running CM7 not stock ROMs so it could be in a differant part, but on stock roms i know it is there and under mobile network settings.

yes it says "2G" and its 3/4 and in mobile network settings theres only Data roaming and i ticked it on and it says connect to data services when roaming may i remind you that i can use wi-fi when im next to a caffe or something but i cant use the regular internet

Upvote 0
yes it says "2G" and its 3/4 and in mobile network settings theres only Data roaming and i ticked it on and it says connect to data services when roaming may i remind you that i can use wi-fi when im next to a caffe or something but i cant use the regular internet

Im not talking about use 2G networks only or data roaming, there is an option that just says Data Enabled or Enable mobile data, heres a screenshot of my mobile network settings to show you what I mean, keep it in mind though I am running the custom CM7 OS

screenshot-1314903962628.png

See the first option, that needs to be ticked to use the phones mobile network to access the internet.

Upvote 0
Im not talking about use 2G networks only or data roaming, there is an option that just says Data Enabled or Enable mobile data, heres a screenshot of my mobile network settings to show you what I mean, keep it in mind though I am running the custom CM7 OS

screenshot-1314903962628.png

See the first option, that needs to be ticked to use the phones mobile network to access the internet.

yea i see that but i dont have that kind of option above Data roaming in mobile network settings only data roaming,network mode,use only 2g networks,network operators and access points names.

Upvote 0
yea i see that but i dont have that kind of option above Data roaming in mobile network settings only data roaming,network mode,use only 2g networks,network operators and access points names.

What version of android are you running? I know there is that option on 2.1, but its been that long since I used 1.6 i'm not sure if its there, could be a bug in your copy of android, if so and you are running 1.6 I would suggest to upgrading to 2.1 atleast, or if you dont mind voiding warrenty you could go up to CM7, which is android 2.3.5

Upvote 0
What version of android are you running? I know there is that option on 2.1, but its been that long since I used 1.6 i'm not sure if its there, could be a bug in your copy of android, if so and you are running 1.6 I would suggest to upgrading to 2.1 atleast, or if you dont mind voiding warrenty you could go up to CM7, which is android 2.3.5

im on 1.6 so what should i do how do i upgrade it? cuz i saw alot of people complaining about their upgrades and wanting to go back...a link of a site would help or something like that

Upvote 0
yea tnx but i saw alot of people complaining after updating to 2.1 or any other cuz it had alot of errors or it slowed their phone in general so ill think about it..in the mean time if you find some other solution please share :)

When I was on 2.1 I didnt notice too many problems, but all I could think of is making sure your APNs are correct, to check go to mobile network settings and hit Access Point Names there should be one or two for your network listed, if theres one it will contain MMS and internet settings, if theres 2 one will be for internet and one for MMS, to check them you will need to find them on your network's website.

If there are none listed that will be stopping access to the internet and you will need the right ones for your network, they should be listed on the website for your network.

Upvote 0
When I was on 2.1 I didnt notice too many problems, but all I could think of is making sure your APNs are correct, to check go to mobile network settings and hit Access Point Names there should be one or two for your network listed, if theres one it will contain MMS and internet settings, if theres 2 one will be for internet and one for MMS, to check them you will need to find them on your network's website.

If there are none listed that will be stopping access to the internet and you will need the right ones for your network, they should be listed on the website for your network.

there are 2...MMS and mt:s mondo and MTS the one i made according to this MTS APN settings .but its not working when i tick them on.in the one i made almost all fields are filled with numbers/names and the one i had are semi-full.so should i add something to the ">not set<" places? like in mt:s mondo APN : server,MMSC,MMS proxy and MMS port arent set.

Upvote 0
there are 2...MMS and mt:s mondo and MTS the one i made according to this MTS APN settings .but its not working when i tick them on.in the one i made almost all fields are filled with numbers/names and the one i had are semi-full.so should i add something to the ">not set<" places? like in mt:s mondo APN : server,MMSC,MMS proxy and MMS port arent set.

For both of the settings in your post, they set MMS settings because they set MMSC, MMS proxy and server etc.

I have looked on wikipeidia and it says MTS could be a few networks, if you could gove me the full name of the network I will look for the right settings, providing the site is in engish.

Upvote 0
For both of the settings in your post, they set MMS settings because they set MMSC, MMS proxy and server etc.

I have looked on wikipeidia and it says MTS could be a few networks, if you could gove me the full name of the network I will look for the right settings, providing the site is in engish.

theres no need i found the right settings and its working now...check edit on my last post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones