• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TheUltimateDroid 2.0.0 !

Well I have hit a snag that I can't overcome... anytime I try to place a call (bluetooth, speaker or normal) the call connects and then it just goes DEAD. Nothing. No audio in or out. I wiped coming from UD1 and the problem persists. Any ideas? I may have to revert... :(

I don't use bluetooth but the speaker and phone are working fine for me. Pretty much flawless so far. I put the ulv liquid slayer 800/125 kernel on and can honestly say this rom is far, far smoother running an 800 kernel than any other I have tried. No reason for me to go up any higher.

PS for some reason I have 197 availble mb of storage on the internal drive. Most of my other roms run between 130 and 145...can't figure that one out.

Upvote 0
No but I'll try anything at this point... I need my BT calling...

EDIT: DIDN'T WORK :(

I see from the other forum that you have also tried flashing a different kernel as well.

Don't take this the wrong way because you know that I know that you are not dumb when it comes to Android, but have you verified that your BT headset is successfully connecting to your phone? I know that mine tends to not play well with the TiBU restore data feature. I restore the data for wireless and networks and my headset is listed, but I always have to unpair and repair my headset to get it to connect and work properly. If I don't do this, it will sometimes connect to my phone, but I will not be able to use it (others cannot hear me and i cannot hear them, etc).

Kratos

Upvote 0
I don't use bluetooth but the speaker and phone are working fine for me. Pretty much flawless so far. I put the ulv liquid slayer 800/125 kernel on and can honestly say this rom is far, far smoother running an 800 kernel than any other I have tried. No reason for me to go up any higher.

PS for some reason I have 197 availble mb of storage on the internal drive. Most of my other roms run between 130 and 145...can't figure that one out.

This may be because BD doesn't install all of the "extra" apps automatically. If you want Facebook, for example, you must either install it from the market, or install it from UD Settings.

One other thing it may be is missing apps from the market. I have noticed that Google's restore feature sometimes misses some free apps and I have to manually reinstall them.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Have you verified that your BT headset is successfully connecting to your phone? I know that mine tends to not play well with the TiBU restore data feature. I restore the data for wireless and networks and my headset is listed, but I always have to unpair and repair my headset to get it to connect and work properly. If I don't do this, it will sometimes connect to my phone, but I will not be able to use it (others cannot hear me and i cannot hear them, etc).

Kratos

I am listening to music ALL DAY LONG on Bluetooth and I can confirm that it is paired and working. The only thing that will not work is Bluetooth voice calls... which I really need because I use my BT headset all day and shutting it down/disabling BT just to complete a call is unacceptable. I may try LFY1.9 (never had LFY in my phone) just to see how THAT goes... but I'd really like to stick with UD if I can.

Upvote 0
I am listening to music ALL DAY LONG on Bluetooth and I can confirm that it is paired and working. The only thing that will not work is Bluetooth voice calls... which I really need because I use my BT headset all day and shutting it down/disabling BT just to complete a call is unacceptable. I may try LFY1.9 (never had LFY in my phone) just to see how THAT goes... but I'd really like to stick with UD if I can.

I'll keep helping you look for a fix or other trouble shooting options. I hope we get this fixed for you.

Kratos

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

One time I had similar issues with a different rom, and I simply formatted my SD card manually. I saved all the stuff I wanted first to my comp, then went in clockwork partitions, turned on USB and loaded the rom I wanted that way. When it flashed to the rom, everything was clean and a whistle and everything worked. It sounds a little dangerous, and I was worried about doing it at first, but everything worked out. :D Good luck sir.

Upvote 0
Well I have hit a snag that I can't overcome... anytime I try to place a call (bluetooth, speaker or normal) the call connects and then it just goes DEAD. Nothing. No audio in or out. I wiped coming from UD1 and the problem persists. Any ideas? I may have to revert... :(
I experienced this issue, too. I ended up having to completely delete the profile from my device/car, reboot the phone, then establish a new pairing, in order to fix it.

Given close to a days use, thus far, I've noticed the following:

• The notification bar power widget will revert to the stock 4 widgets, when restarting the phone.
  • When viewing the keyboard selection menu, Android keyboard is listed twice.
  • The phone won't remember my selection for Swype, as the default keyboard. Upon restarting, it reverts to the android keyboard.
  • Facebook won't stay synced with my contacts. When restarting, I have to manually active the sync option to regain the feature.
  • This in addition to the more common camera and text overlap issues in the phone UI.

Otherwise, its a great ROM, with some welcome additions.

Upvote 0
Someone in another forum posted a bluetooth fix .zip but that didn't work either. This was a clean install, and it's frustrating as all get-out. This is a great ROM and I'd hate to start all over again with something else... there HAS to be a solution to this stupid problem... :thinking:

Thanks guys for your support!

EDIT: xkape suggested flashing the UD1 BT voice dial .zip fix and that seems to have resolved the problem. Will keep you advised...

Upvote 0
I have a question.. back when the droid was first rooted we had the wireless tether app available to us and as long as we were careful and didn't exceed like 5-10gb of data running it we were considered to be OK doing so. But now that they have incorporated the wireless tethering into all their new phones, would it be extremely dangerous and easy to trace now if I were to use it to look something up on my laptop if i were away from the house? I have been away from all this rooting for about 6 months now so I am not sure as to the precautions to take as I see UD has the wireless tethering app built into it if you want it and I was just curious. Thanks

Upvote 0
ANY tethering COULD get you in trouble with Verizon, but they're looked the other way - so far. I would hate to be the person they nail to a cross with tethering overages, which is why I tether rarely and conservatively. I don't think you'll get punished for looking something up on a laptop, as long as you're not downloading torrents or gaming with it. Then again, the RIAA is willing to sue the pants off a stay-at-home Mom for downloading a few songs... no telling when Verizon will start scrutinizing us.

Upvote 0
I have a question.. back when the droid was first rooted we had the wireless tether app available to us and as long as we were careful and didn't exceed like 5-10gb of data running it we were considered to be OK doing so. But now that they have incorporated the wireless tethering into all their new phones, would it be extremely dangerous and easy to trace now if I were to use it to look something up on my laptop if i were away from the house? I have been away from all this rooting for about 6 months now so I am not sure as to the precautions to take as I see UD has the wireless tethering app built into it if you want it and I was just curious. Thanks

I think as long as you're not downloading torrents and/or streaming video's and music all day on your laptop you'll be fine. I tether my gf on her ipod touch all the time. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble or getting slapped with charges or anything of that nature.

Upvote 0
I think as long as you're not downloading torrents and/or streaming video's and music all day on your laptop you'll be fine. I tether my gf on her ipod touch all the time. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble or getting slapped with charges or anything of that nature.

I actually got hit with that a couple months ago. But the funny thing is is that I barely ever use the wifi tether app. They charged me about 100 dollars for it. Wow how I was shocked when the bill came in.

Upvote 0
I actually got hit with that a couple months ago. But the funny thing is is that I barely ever use the wifi tether app. They charged me about 100 dollars for it. Wow how I was shocked when the bill came in.

Wow, no kidding!? Yikes, that is the first I've heard of anything like that. I think maybe I've just been lucky so far because I really don't tether anything other than my gf's ipod touch. Maybe the fact that it computes information much like a cell phone is making it more difficult to catch for Verizon. I'll be sure to be careful tho now.

I know you said you didn't use it much, but how much were you tethering before you got caught? Were you streaming lots of vids etc? Were you tethering wireless or wired?

Upvote 0
Actually, ANY tethering is easily detected by Verizon if they want to know. They can also tell what kind of device you're tethering to your DROID.

I tether my laptop once in awhile. If I were to get nailed by Verizon, I would tell them that I was using the USB tether capabilities of Froyo and see what they say about that. I don't think they can tell if you tether wirelessly or via the USB port. That's kinda interesting. My point is: You can't claim that you're tethering an iPod Touch via USB.

Upvote 0
Someone in another forum posted a bluetooth fix .zip but that didn't work either. This was a clean install, and it's frustrating as all get-out. This is a great ROM and I'd hate to start all over again with something else... there HAS to be a solution to this stupid problem... :thinking:

Thanks guys for your support!

EDIT: xkape suggested flashing the UD1 BT voice dial .zip fix and that seems to have resolved the problem. Will keep you advised...
The Ultimate Droid 2.0.0 - Droid 1 - Page 16 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
post 154

Upvote 0
to remove the black banner ads I just used ninjamorph to change the lockscreen background and the bars went with it. they seem to be an actual part of the image not the lockscreen
I did the same thing exactly how I did it for UD 1.0

By the way did anyone notice that UD 2.0 is FRG22D 2.2.1? UD 1.0 was FRG83 2.2.1. Did we go backwards?

Upvote 0

It only fixed the problem during THAT power cycle. As soon as I rebooted the problem came back: either I can make calls and no BT music, or I can listen to music all day but can't complete a call. Complete deal-breaker for me. Sorry, BlackDroid... I tried :(

Upvote 0
It only fixed the problem during THAT power cycle. As soon as I rebooted the problem came back: either I can make calls and no BT music, or I can listen to music all day but can't complete a call. Complete deal-breaker for me. Sorry, BlackDroid... I tried :(

Have you tried re DLing the rom and reinstalling it. I read that the file was updated a few hours after release. Also, there are some zips going around with fixes for the buggy apps such as gallery bluetooth and the dialer. One is located here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones