• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TheUltimateDroid 2.0.0 !

If you are talking to me, Home++ is free. I think root explorer is a paid app though. If you don't want root explorer, you can use Titanium Backup to delete apps. However, I'm don't know if you need the paid version of TiBU to delete apps.

Personally, I like root explorer better as you can verify the exact location of where you are navigating where as TiBU only shows you the app, but not the install location.

Kratos

ES File explorer works nicely also.

Reactions: kratos
Upvote 0
Just installed UD 2 without a hitch. No bugs, everything is working great. I would like kernal recommendations that play nice with this ROM. So far, head and shoulder above my last ROM!

Droids are real touchy when it comes to kernels. One kernel that works for one person may not work for another.

With that said, I am using Chevy's 1.1 LV kernel and it works great for me.

Kratos

Reactions: PARick
Upvote 0
Droids are real touchy when it comes to kernels. One kernel that works for one person may not work for another.

With that said, I am using Chevy's 1.1 LV kernel and it works great for me.

Kratos

Thanks Kratos! I just wanted to make sure I put something compatable, and didn't cause me to go into bootloop:). BTW, I have found no bugs in this ROM yet. Installed in less that 20 seconds.

BTW, where can I find that Kernel? Is it a 10 slot?

Upvote 0
so i was goofing around with the settings and something happened with my facebook. im now stuck on the old version(where it takes you to the touch site) and when i go to the market to update it, i cant. ends up downloading it, but wont install successfully. how can i get back to the new version!?

Follow the directions I gave in an earlier post today at 0918. Except, don't worry about downloading and installing a launcher and delete the facebook app instead of the LP app.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Thanks Kratos! I just wanted to make sure I put something compatable, and didn't cause me to go into bootloop:). BTW, I have found no bugs in this ROM yet. Installed in less that 20 seconds.

BTW, where can I find that Kernel? Is it a 10 slot?

chevy's v3 kernels here:
Index of /froyo/kernels3

however, i would recommend using something with an interactive governor if you can. while all of his version 3 kernels worked with this ROM for me, they no longer include the interactive governor as an option. his version 2 kernels did include the option and all of them booted fine for me on BuglessBeast, but they all bootlooped when combined with UD.

with that in mind, i am running one of slayher's kernels, available here:
Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

it does include the interactive governor and works well with UD... at least on my phone.

Reactions: PARick
Upvote 0
chevy's v3 kernels here:
Index of /froyo/kernels3

however, i would recommend using something with an interactive governor if you can. while all of his version 3 kernels worked with this ROM for me, they no longer include the interactive governor as an option. his version 2 kernels did include the option and all of them booted fine for me on BuglessBeast, but they all bootlooped when combined with UD.

with that in mind, i am running one of slayher's kernels, available here:
Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

it does include the interactive governor and works well with UD... at least on my phone.

Thanks. Any of them, or is one specifically better? Which one do you use?

Upvote 0
Thanks. Any of them, or is one specifically better? Which one do you use?

i used Chevy's v2 1.1 gHz ultra low voltage (found here) with BuglessBeast, but have since switched to Slayher's 1.2 gHz low voltage since chevy's v2's all bootlooped for me with UD. Slayher's seem to run a little hotter than Chevy's on my phone, but the interactive governor is a must for me, so that is a the one i went with. P3Droid also makes proven kernels that you may want to look into (P3Droid Kernels) but i have found that his run extremely hot for me in addition to lacking the interactive option.

just remember that droid processors are tricky. if you have not tried any before, i would recommend saving multiple kernels to your SD card before you start changing things. some people can run all the way up to 1.25 gHz, some can only run 800 mHz. some people can run ultra low voltage kernels, some can only run stardard voltage ones. chevy's work best for some, slayher's best for others, and P3's for some as well. it really is a crap shoot. start with a 1.2gHz low voltage and see if it will boot, if not try a 1.2 standard voltage, then 1.1 low voltage, 1.1 standard voltage, etc, until you find one that works well for you. luckily, you won't do any permanent damage to your phone by loading a "bad" kernel. as long as you have saved multiples to your SD, simply pull the battery, reboot into recovery, and load up the next one.

Upvote 0
i used Chevy's v2 1.1 gHz ultra low voltage (found here) with BuglessBeast, but have since switched to Slayher's 1.2 gHz low voltage since chevy's v2's all bootlooped for me with UD. Slayher's seem to run a little hotter than Chevy's on my phone, but the interactive governor is a must for me, so that is a the one i went with. P3Droid also makes proven kernels that you may want to look into (P3Droid Kernels) but i have found that his run extremely hot for me in addition to lacking the interactive option.

just remember that droid processors are tricky. if you have not tried any before, i would recommend saving multiple kernels to your SD card before you start changing things. some people can run all the way up to 1.25 gHz, some can only run 800 mHz. some people can run ultra low voltage kernels, some can only run stardard voltage ones. chevy's work best for some, slayher's best for others, and P3's for some as well. it really is a crap shoot. start with a 1.2gHz low voltage and see if it will boot, if not try a 1.2 standard voltage, then 1.1 low voltage, 1.1 standard voltage, etc, until you find one that works well for you. luckily, you won't do any permanent damage to your phone by loading a "bad" kernel. as long as you have saved multiples to your SD, simply pull the battery, reboot into recovery, and load up the next one.

Thanks for your patience. Now, at the risk of sounding stupid :) How do I know which one is the Slayher's 1.2 gHz low voltage? Several are listed there. My luck I would install the wrong one!

Upvote 0
has any had a problem with uploading pics from gallery to picasa. it was always force close the uploader progam because of some kind of fault. i dont use it often. when im home i just email them to my computer and do it that way. but still..

If you have ROM Manager (found in market and I highly suggest if you don't), run Fix Permissions. This can often fix most, if not all, FC issues.

Kratos

Reactions: ramos
Upvote 0
This ROM was very VERY wonky for me. Lots of LP redraws, very hiccupy. Tried several kernals but nothing changed. Battery life was awesome and I loved all of the tweaks available, but in the end, performance is top priority and I had to uninstall for the new version of LFY 1.95. So far so good on that.

Upvote 0
This ROM was very VERY wonky for me. Lots of LP redraws, very hiccupy. Tried several kernals but nothing changed. Battery life was awesome and I loved all of the tweaks available, but in the end, performance is top priority and I had to uninstall for the new version of LFY 1.95. So far so good on that.

Although I can run LFY with no FCs, it's the worst battery hog I've ever experienced. It's growing quite obvious to me that DROIDs seem to belong in one of two camps. The LFY camp, OR the UD camp. Never the twain shall meet. Thank goodness (and the devs) for both ROMs being made available to our community of DROID owners. :)

Upvote 0
Although I can run LFY with no FCs, it's the worst battery hog I've ever experienced. It's growing quite obvious to me that DROIDs seem to belong in one of two camps. The LFY camp, OR the UD camp. Never the twain shall meet. Thank goodness (and the devs) for both ROMs being made available to our community of DROID owners. :)

1.9 gave me very odd battery readings. I'm hoping whatever changes they made to 1.95 that the battery readings were addressed. Other than that, my Droid LOVES this ROM. UD just doesn't seem to sit right on my phone, for one reason or another. Shame really, b/c the devs do a really nice job on UD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones