• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

They CANNOT get away with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just sad that a person can not just say here is my problems with the phone and not get all aggressive about it. So far every problem post has ended up in the op going to name calling just sad. I have separation issues on all on my phones. It ranges from just a little light escaping to actually feeling a wiggle in the screen. I have hardware version 2 on all of them. Maxpower, you are upset, but you are the one that started name calling, calm down.

Upvote 0
I was right, some people do have **** for brains.

I said, if you don't have something to add....then don't.

And the first responders all are "la diddy da". Listen up folks, my EVO was fine too. Then "IRK" everything starts falling apart.

I cannot wait for you all to get your heads out of the clouds and realize what is going on AROUND you. Maybe its not your phone now, but it might be in the near future. What are you going to do if you need to return and your "new" Evo has these defects.:eek:

There is something seriously wrong here and for most of you to be ignoring it is the PROBLEM ITSELF.:mad:

So if you are coming to this thread just to let me know how great your EVO is...get lost. I'm jealous...mine SUCKS!

No matter how good a product is, there will always be a certain % that fail to work correctly, that is inevitable.

Now, people only tend to post their problems, so you get an artificially high number of respondents saying they have problems.

There have been 600k+ HTC incredible sold and 350k+ HTC Evo sold.

If we have 50 people saying on these forums that they have problems, while they are right and need to be helped by their carrier and HTC, 50 people out of nearly a million sales is a VERY low problem percentage.

Upvote 0
you are actually the first person i've heard of to scratch up their camera lens. i've been using mine without a case and i haven't exactly been babying it and it has no scratches. 4th grade science taught us that glass is one of the hardest materials on earth (hence why it's so brittle) and only harder materials can scratch it. so unless you are resting you phone on a bunch of jagged diamonds, i really don't know how you've managed to scratch that glass... i'm calling shenanigans!

Upvote 0
I cannot believe how many people think returning the phone is the best option.
You really don't get it....The glue is faulty you all.
It will rise eventually on this entire first wave of phones.
I guess I should just exchange exchange exchange until finally I get a phone that has effective adhesive...Now how did that phone get effective adhesive?

The EVO REVOLUTION...that's HOW.

I'm totally with you. We are almost punished on this forum because we notice defects before anyone else.

Just remember this MaxPower, when we have our phones swapped out 2, 3 or even 4 times by Sprint before we get a flawless device, all these fellow EVO owners will be stuck with their defective device when they begin noticing the problems after 30 days...and have to mail their phone to China for repair.

Upvote 0
so unless you are resting you phone on a bunch of jagged diamonds, i really don't know how you've managed to scratch that glass... i'm calling shenanigans!

Epic fail. http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/vader-fail.jpg Do a simple test. Take a piece of normal sand paper. Take any glass object. Rub sandpaper against glass. It will scratch it. Just normal sand can stretch glass. I know, I used to live by the ocean, the windows have to be coated with a polymer or the sand from the winds will etch them. Heck even rust will scratch glass. YouTube - Rust WILL Scratch Glass

Upvote 0
My God.. please tell me what will happen in 2012 oh wise, future telling sage.. and also, when will my screen separate, because I don't have that problem... nor any of the other ones. In fact, I just listened to Pandora Radio today on full volume, rocking it out at work, and it sounded fantastic.

Oh while you're at it, will I get a raise soon, because I really need it. Thanks messenger of God!

Upvote 0
Get a little bit of a clue first. Phone has a 1yr warranty. Warranty issues are handled by sprint. If a ton of people are constantly bringing phones in for the same defect, you don't think it will get noticed by the higher ups? And by the time your year is up, you're eligible for a new phone at the full upgrade price. In a year, the evo will be old news.

Upvote 0
No matter how good a product is, there will always be a certain % that fail to work correctly, that is inevitable.

Now, people only tend to post their problems, so you get an artificially high number of respondents saying they have problems.

There have been 600k+ HTC incredible sold and 350k+ HTC Evo sold.

If we have 50 people saying on these forums that they have problems, while they are right and need to be helped by their carrier and HTC, 50 people out of nearly a million sales is a VERY low problem percentage.

I agree with your logic regarding a new device and defects, but I disagree with your statement concerning the low percentage. I am sure that the majority of EVO owners are not even aware of this forum and there are actually very few of us that do take the time to post actually post a response. I would guess that well under that hypothetical 50 people represents less than 1% of people who are experiencing the problem.

Anyway, I love my EVO, but the number of issues highlighted by members is troubling. I may not be experiencing all of the problems on my phone right now, but I am concerned that I will be having issues in the short-term. Until HTC properly responds to our concerns I would urge all potential EVO owners to hold-off on their purchase.

Upvote 0
Where is everyone getting all this "name calling"?

I noticed that anytime anybody makes any negative claim about there EVO, people immediately attack them. Need proof...look at every single post in troubleshooting section.

In my original post I asked that if you don't have something to OFFER then no worries...move along...this thread is for people experiencing problems.

It surprises me how many of you have no problems. I guess if I had an EVO without any MAJOR DEFECTS and not READ ALL THE INFORMATION OUT THERE RIGHT NOW ABOUT HOW POORLY CONSTRUCTED THIS PHONE IS....I wouldn't be browsing threads looking for people to tell how great my new EVO is.

I'd be blazing around on 4G WiMax. Watching vids in 720p on my projector via HDMI (cable not included). Hanging out with bernechad and complaining about things that actually are "worth complaining about" especially not my BRAND NEW $200 phone that's SCREEN IS FALLING OFF!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Where is everyone getting all this "name calling"?

I noticed that anytime anybody makes any negative claim about there EVO, people immediately attack them. Need proof...look at every single post in troubleshooting section.

In my original post I asked that if you don't have something to OFFER then no worries...move along...this thread is for people experiencing problems.

It surprises me how many of you have no problems. I guess if I had an EVO without any MAJOR DEFECTS and not READ ALL THE INFORMATION OUT THERE RIGHT NOW ABOUT HOW POORLY CONSTRUCTED THIS PHONE IS....I wouldn't be browsing threads looking for people to tell how great my new EVO is.

I'd be blazing around on 4G WiMax. Watching vids in 720p on my projector via HDMI (cable not included). Hanging out with bernechad and complaining about things that actually are "worth complaining about" especially not my BRAND NEW $200 phone that's SCREEN IS FALLING OFF!!!!!!!!

We have been blazing - my phone is sitting next to me at the moment.. charging - oh that must mean I have a bad battery and not that I played games ..

no one ridiculed you at all and yet you are the one flaming us because we said we didn't have those problems that you experienced however MOST of us all said we felt bad that you did...

Upvote 0
Threads like this make me move closer towards iPhone 4 instead of the EVO. At least iPhones are well made, I never, repeat, never had problems with either my first gen iPhone or my 3G. Physically, they never had issues.
This is terrible logic, the iPhones all had their fair share of hardware issues with initial batches as well. Just because your devices were flawless doesn't mean they all were.

Personally, my EVO hasn't had any issues so far. Does that mean it isn't happening? No, it means mine hasn't. Hardware defects happen, no one wants to see them happen but they do.

I think a lot of the reason the OP is getting hate is his manner of writing, he sounds very angry and childish (no offense meant, I'm merely saying you come off as RAWRINTERNETRAGE). Saying that any hardware defect that has shown up on a small number of units (not saying this makes it OK, but it is a small #) WILL ABSOLUTELY happen to your device is just incorrect.

HTC/Sprint should do something to address these issues, and so far they seem to at least not be giving anyone any trouble about exchanging the units for a replacement. I haven't been specifically babying my phone and my camera lens is fine, it sits on my desk at work a lot on the lens and so far no issues. If anything does happen to my phone, I'll just take it to BB and get it replaced, if it happens a lot I may get frustrated and get something else. Are ANY of you on your 4th or 5th unit? I doubt it.

Upvote 0
Clambert, please re-read the original post.

I NEVER EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT BATTERY.
My battery is pushing 14-16 hours everyday.

Do you realize what you are even saying?
Let me paint you a picture, my dog gets lethal cancer.
You bring your dog over to my house and say, "Look at my dog....It's so healthy. You must have gotten a bad dog."

Well, thanks a ton. I'm better off for knowing your EVO is healthy.
Now go to one of the threads where everything is lollipops and ice cream and let us people who don't know how to get healthy phones figure out what we are gonna do.

Upvote 0
I agree with your logic regarding a new device and defects, but I disagree with your statement concerning the low percentage. I am sure that the majority of EVO owners are not even aware of this forum and there are actually very few of us that do take the time to post actually post a response. I would guess that well under that hypothetical 50 people represents less than 1% of people who are experiencing the problem.

Anyway, I love my EVO, but the number of issues highlighted by members is troubling. I may not be experiencing all of the problems on my phone right now, but I am concerned that I will be having issues in the short-term. Until HTC properly responds to our concerns I would urge all potential EVO owners to hold-off on their purchase.

The point i was making is that people with problem products talk about it. People whose products work typically don't say a thing.

So the percentages look skewed because you only really see people complaining about the issues.

Upvote 0

You bring your dog over to my house and say, "Look at my dog....It's so healthy. You must have gotten a bad dog."

Now go to one of the threads where everything is lollipops and ice cream and let us people who don't know how to get healthy phones figure out what we are gonna do.

Terrible analogy.

Its more like you and a few hundred thousand people get clones of a dog.

Your cloned dog gets cancer.

The vast majority(95%+) of the cloned dogs are perfectly healthy.

Sorry man, my dog is healthy. Sucks that your cloned dog is sick. I'd recommend using the return policy and get another one which is statistically inclined to be defect free.

Reactions: clambert1273
Upvote 0

what are you 10?? seriously!

If you don't have a healthy phone how do you NOT know what to do?? RETURN IT! it is that plain and simple.. screaming and raving here will do NOTHING for you... even if everyone here chimed in!

Call HTC and Sprint and RANT to them... not me - I have no power for you. I expressed TOTAL sympathy to you and even said I am sorry yours is not working well...

WTF - grow up...

Reactions: septro
Upvote 0
ouhei, maybe I am mad (now). I'm mad because while HTC is denying WIDESPREAD reports of this and tweeting about how they are having some party in San Fran tonight.

My screen is falling off...and you think that it's only mine.

Pull your head out of the sand...HTC has a NEW legacy of making crap and hyping it up. This won't be just my phone it will be over 50% of that "first batch".

Do you even realize how close we are to all having Apples tattooed on our foreheads?

We need HTC, we need Android, we need Sprint. But we need them to make quality products that APPLE freaks can't argue with. That's what the EVO was all about. Creating an OPTION other than a Media Dead BB. Freedom of choice.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones