1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

They Wouldn't Budge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ptco911, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ptco911

ptco911 Well-Known Member

I went to my local Verizon store today to see if they would move my loyalty discount forward a few days (eligible 12/29/11) but was told they couldn't adjust it. While talking to the sales person they asked what phone I was looking at and told her the Rezound. She immediately started trying to push the RAZR. I am currently using and Incredible that is still working like a champ. I told her that the HTC Sense UI was one of the main reasons for my choice. I don't think she really knew what I was talking about. Bottom line Verizon seems to be in bed with Motorola regarding the RAZR.

I will wait until 12/29 and pick up my Rezound.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Have you called Tele-sales? They're usually better about bumping up dates. Also is this a complete upgrade or an early upgrade? If your contract is about to expire I'd look at Amazon and other sites.

3. ptco911

Our actual contract expiration is in April 2012. The new every two offer is December 29 or later.

4. Padron26

Padron26 Well-Known Member

cant you pay a extra $20 and upgrade early, this was in another thread here.

you should be able to pay a extra 20.00 after a year is up on a 2 year contract

5. jayochs

jayochs Android Enthusiast

lol that's bullshit. there's a 7-day grace period that customer service can offer you if you're atleast 7 days within your NE2 or regular equiptment upgrade; i've done it for a few people already. call up customer service and ask them about it. they may be able to ship one out to ya

6. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast

I would have said "then cancel my account."

But anyway, clearly VZW is into the "Droids." When you walk in my local store that is all you see. "DROID" everywhere. Everything else is buried around corners with no prominent advertising.

7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Just think, if you bought a droid your user name could've been Hemidroids..... haha :p

olbriar, jayochs and JustinHEMI like this.
  8. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

I can confirm that you *can* upgrade within 7 days of your upgrade date. I have long-time friend that works for an independent VZW store and she first informed me of this. Mine is also Dec 29, but Amazon said yesterday (7 days exactly) I was eligible for an upgrade. I have the phone on order.

9. ptco911

I can upgrade at the $299.99 price now. It is the customer loyalty they won't until 12/29.

10. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Member

I'd recommend buying from Amazon at $150 with NO sales tax (for most customers). It was cheaper than anything I could have gotten straight from Verizon.

11. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

We just went through this for my wife's new rezound. I called customer service and asked to talk to tech support explained the situation and they put a notation on her account that gave her a courtesy upgrade and the loyalty discount and waved the $20. This just happened yesterday.

They can do anything they want to but it appears you get better service calling customer service or tech support directly. However the courtesy upgrade only applied if we bought the phone from a Verizon Corporate Store.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews