• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Things to do/download with your new phone thread

not dumb, just novice-like. (I was at that stage, this time last year).

Just search on youtube for ADW Launcher or Launcher pro.

Basically, the lock screen stays the same but the ENTIRE homescreens are different. Launchers allow for MORE customizability. For example on your GSII, where the 4 icons are at the bottom -a launcher called Launcher Pro will allow you to have a mini scrollable dock that can display up to 12 applications (4 on each scroll)

Launcher Pro also allows you to have a 3D app drawer amongst many other things.
Scrolling animations can also be changed. To be honest, just download Launcher Pro and run it. IT's so simple and it can't damage your phone in any way because the phone sees it as an "app" so you won't be messing around with any settings. If you don't like it, you can just uninstall it.

Wow, that sounds pretty sweet! :D

Thanks for the answer and advice. Hopefully I won't be an Android novice forever! haha

Upvote 0
you pick it up in no time and then A WHOLE NEW ENTIRE WORLD OF EPIC-AWESOMENESS will be revealed to you :D

Hes right :p. btw IMO laucher pro is the best launcher out there :D. i use it on all my android phones ive had, bored of sense and dont really fancy touchwiz :). IF U BUY LAUCHER PRO u get some extras compared to the free one :).

enjoy!

Upvote 0
Was just about to create the exact thread with almost exact topic name :D

My phone is coming <48 hours. So what should I do with it? Should I update firmware stuff or just let it be and let Samsung come out with the 2.3.4? Invest in a leather cover or screen protector? I've read the gorilla glass ain't that though with cracks emerging.

Upvote 0
Was just about to create the exact thread with almost exact topic name :D

My phone is coming <48 hours. So what should I do with it? Should I update firmware stuff or just let it be and let Samsung come out with the 2.3.4? Invest in a leather cover or screen protector? I've read the gorilla glass ain't that though with cracks emerging.

when i got mine i didnt bother with no updates as my phone is fine :D. so dont bother update unless you really need to, in my opinion. 100% get a case, its needs one. it feels like if it fell it would shatter into bits :(. screen protector for any phone screen. no screen is scratch proof. :D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones