• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Things You'll ONLY Hear With An Apple Product...

I used iTunes once like right after inception. Thought to myself then that Someone should take the Software Designers and Engineers and the person in charge of them Out back and shoot them. It was horrible. Trying to add my already ripped music and Apples iTunes asking me if I would like to purchase it instead. Thats when the real fun began I said ok enough of this garbage when to add remove programs and yeah I removed it. Computer wouldn't reboot not even go into safe mode. Installed Windows over itself had all kinds of issues unplugged my data drives shut it down formatted and the installed a fresh copy of Windows. The whole process took me about 20 hours from the installation of iCrap to the reinstall of all apps / settings / and having to redo my album art and rename the music it started to try to initially. Not 10 hours later a friend of mine called me and said hey dude can you come and help me on my computer somthing is tripping it pretty bad. I get there and guess what I find iHateAppleTunes. only thing that made this one go better was the fact that the music was being used as a test system. A System which failed by the way. However Microsoft was not anymore please whem Windblows failed as well. Honestly Linux was a bit to young at this particular junction WinAmp took leads Alsa begain to keep things in order and now I'm to tipsy to remember the rest of the story The year if Memory serves me correctly was 01 oK so my meds are kicking in now and I really getting off of here as my meds are about to kick me Butt

Only Soud YOu shoold here from "Apple" is CHRUNCH CHRUNCH CHRUNCH CHRUNCH CHRUNCH CHRUNCH those are good apple sounds :D

Upvote 0
I had little to no joy with iTunes when I was asked to put some stuff on my brother in laws iPod. I consider myself technical but the entire PC -> iPod process was pretty painful iirc. For some, it's a totally flawless process though.

I think I ended up using WinAmp (not sure if that still works), that was one of the only 3rd Party apps that allowed access to the media library, you could see if that works for her?

My wife constantly asks me if I can get this or that on her iphone. My response is usually "Probably, but give me 20mins or so" meaning I always have to do it. If she had an android device, I could teach her to do it herself in 5mins. This is the same with videos (actually it's worse with videos because limited file associations, etc) and apps. Pain in the apple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones