1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Think I bricked phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nicksinz, Apr 20, 2012.

1. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

I hope someone on here can help..I wanted to install new ROM and I wiped data, cache, and dalvik. for some reason there was an error when i tried to install the rom zip file from internal sdcard and i restarted the phone..now the phone boots up but i dont see any icons i only see the status bar on top but i cant pull it down to set usb to mass storage. and worst of all I can't boot to recovery anymore. but my computer does detect the phone through usb but i cant see the drive in My Computer.

If anyone knows a solution please let me know because I don't wanna buy another phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blaxican25

blaxican25 Android Expert

Take out your battery put it back in then press and hold the volume up and down button plus the power button tell u see the lg screen then release power button and press it 3 times then it will ask are u sure you want to wipe date but dont worry it will take you to recovery then you can flash another rom are a backup if you have one.

3. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

thanks blaxican for the reply. I figured that out a few minutes after i posted. but now im having another problem. when i try to install the zip i get an error E:Can't open /sdcard/ (bad)..i formatted my external sdcard with CWM but still same thing

4. blaxican25

What rom you trying to flash plus what version is your phone software zvb,zvc,or zvd?

5. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

u must have abad download do u have a back up

6. blaxican25

What up mrpnut?

7. mrpnut

wat up big pimpin ;)

8. blaxican25

Didn't think anyone else was woke lol.

9. mrpnut

yeah I'm over here messing around try to compile and decompile have problems tho lol

10. blaxican25

Good luck with that mrpnut

11. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

im on zvb gingersteem extreem trying to install Black Plague w/ Plague Kernel.. I lost the backup i made so i cant restore to what i had. I have the rom on my external sdcard but i get that error message. It worked a few months ago when i installed gingersteem dont know whats wrong with it.

12. mrpnut

u lost ur back up how? maybe if u go to restore then go to advanced restore from internel SD card call if ur bckbup is there if not here u go black plaque
    http://db.tt/RinazGSc

13. mrpnut

damn sorry double post

14. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

i formatted /emmc and i think that deleted everything i my phone.. im at a hotel and the download is very slow. can that corrupt the rom?

15. blaxican25

Gonna have to redownload the rom and get it on your sd card or you can upgrade your phone using the lg update tool me i like zvb but others say zvd is better.

16. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

ok thanks for all the help i guess ill learn from my mistakes..ill fix it tomorrow goodnight

17. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

Pepto might fix that....:p

18. mrpnut

pepto:pcguru:

19. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

Pepto-Bismol

20. mrpnut

oh k lol it went over my head ;)

21. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

:eek: get a step stool

22. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Always put anything your gonna flash on your external sd card.

I've never formatted my internal sd. I'll manually delete files before i do that.

Sounds like it was a bad download. Put your sd into your computer and put several roms on there and flash into cwm. Try one until one works.

23. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

i guess it was a bad download because when I tried to open the zip file on my computer it said it was corrupted and couldnt open it. I redownloaded it and now atleast the zip file opens..ill flash it later thanks

24. mrpnut

k cool let us know :thumbup:

25. nicksinz

nicksinz Newbie

ok I installed Black Plague w/ Plague Kernel but when i go to "about phone" to check version it says "M8910ZVB"..isn't it supposed to say ZVD anywhere or am i wrong?

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews