• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Think I solved the camera freezing problem

dan409

Apr 15, 2010
I was at a wedding taking pics last night when the camera began to freeze on me. Had to shutdown and restart to get back to the hone screen.

Ended up being that I was pushing on the volume key the same time I was depressing the shutter button (optical trackball).

What made this even more pronounced is the hard silicone case I purchased fron verizon made it very easy to depress the volume rocker key. Matter of fact when I first installed the case I had to stretch out the area covering the volume rocker as it was sticking.

Bottom line: Make sure you are not depressing the volume rocker as you are pressing the shutter button to snap your photo.

I tried to recreate the problem by holding down the volume rocker while taking a photo and shure as shit it froze up. I have not had any problem since I have realized this.

Hope this helps !

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones