1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Think I'm being hacked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jameswilson09011983, Mar 16, 2021.

1. jameswilson09011983

Somehow someone is using my email to open dating sites and flood my email with them. Their searches even show up in my search history. Anyone know what's going on? I am the only one who has access to my phone

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just change your password....and then setup 2 step verification.....done......now nobody but you has access to your emails. and in order for someone to have remote access to your phone. they would have had physical access to your phone at some point in time.....remote access will require that your phone is rooted so that they can gain permission to read and write to your phone to change your system apps.

and rooting is not as easy as it used to be. now days you will need access to a phone, access to a computer, have all the necessary files so that they can run adb and fastboot commands.. also it will depend on what phone you have.....most samsung devices that have snadragon processors will most likely have a locked bootloader which makes rooting nearly impossible to do.

you probably have some kind of adware on your phone which takes you to these sites. put the phone in safe mode and see if the issue is still there. safe mode prevents any 3rd party apps from running. if it stops, then you have an app(most likely a recent one you installed) that is the culprit. if you not sure then i would start with the most current app and work your way back.

this is how i would do it:.....start with the most recent app. wipe cache and data for that app and then uninstall it. malware can reside in the cache and data for a particular app. if it still happens then move on to the next recent app you installed. and work your way back until you find the culprit.

hope that helps.....keep us posted on how things go.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Nothing you've said suggests any problem with your phone. It sounds like someone has hacked your account, which if you use a weak password, or the same password on many sites (one of which has poor password security and gets hacked itself), and don't use 2-factor authentication, can happen even if your phone is completely secure (except, of course, if someone has your GMail passwork your phone is no longer completely secure).

Change your password (use a secure one that you don't use anywhere else), enable two-factor authentication, check your Google account's security settings to see what devices have accessed it and de-authorise any that you don't recognise.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

Nokia C5 Endi Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews