1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Think my phone is literally dead, Can't stop rebooting can't factory restore.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crix, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Crix

Crix Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Ok so I have had my Desire HD about 3 months now with no problems what so ever, The phone died last night while I was attempting to send a message, So I plugged it in to charge it, except the charge light did not come on. So this morning I took the battery out and it reloaded to my home screen, All of my shorcuts were gone and It came up with 2 errors. "process com.android. phone has stopped working" And another similar one which I wasn't able to catch as is rebooted, it then rebooted everytime I opened menu and then just looped reboots didnt even reach the home screen.

So after reading up on the intertnets i tried to factory restore it, except while it is restoring it will have the restore screen up but then just all of a sudden dissaperar and go dark, the phone is still on however as I can tell the screen is on, It just isnt displaying anything.

Now I get to the home screen occasionally, But it is default which makes me think the factory restore may have half worked, but as soon as I unlock the phone it reboots, It also displays the "process com.android. phone has stopped working" Over the lock screen if I dont try to do anything, I am at my wits end and don't wanna send it back if it can be helped, Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    How are you trying to factory reset? Via Android once the phone has loaded or the hboot menu?

If you hold down whilst powering the handset on, it will take you into a menu which looks something like this:

[​IMG]

You can try resetting from there.

3. Crix

Crix Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Yeah I have tried that, And I have now got the home screen up with the default image, If I try to unlock the phone it shuts down, I have managed to connect the phone to my pc and take everything off it, Might have to try and delete some apps or something.

Appreciate the help though, I was close to throwing the phone off a wall haha.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Let us know how you get on. Sounds like it might need to go back for repair though....