1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Think the Inspire will be sufficient for the next two years?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ni Dieu Ni Maitre, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Student; Arby's Wage Slave
    Pennsylvania
    So I'm about to upgrade my phone. Will the Inspire (in your opinion) be suitable for the next two years, or should I have some patience for once and wait on some new phones to come out?

I'll be switching from Verizon to AT&T. My current phone is a Droid X.

Advertisement

2. StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    I don't see why not... but who knows what will be the next huge thing that maybe lags the hell out of our phones?

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    If its not and something else you want comes out in 6months you can always call customer service (customer retention department) complain politely and get a new phone (ymmv but usually this always works)

4. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Student; Arby's Wage Slave
    Pennsylvania
    Huh? How does that work? And what do you mean "customer retention department?"

5. MmmmBeeeeer

MmmmBeeeeer Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    There will always be new phones coming out...there are already dual core phones coming out later this year, phones with 3d, etc.

6. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

When you call 611 from your phone if you choose the cancellation option it transfers you to the customer retention team. It is basically their job to do what they can to get you to stay with them if that means giving you a newer phone at a discounted price (usually the new customer price or even a little cheaper as I got the inspire for $75 on release day) my upgrade was until December but I wasn't going to deal with my captivate until then. So I called talked to them and they let me upgrade all 5 of my lines. When I got the inspire the rep on the phone told me in 6 months if there is something else or I'm not happy with the inspire call back and they will work out a new phone deal.

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre and karnblack like this.
  7. rocknevious

rocknevious Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    I plan on keeping mine for 2 years. The absolute worst that happens is that I can't run the latest and greatest games near the 2 year mark, and I don't believe that will be the case. My phone's been snappy since I got it with minimal lag.

Also, if I was able to tolerate two years with a Blackberry Curve on Alltel's network, this Inspire should last me twice that. Haha

8. slipmagt

slipmagt Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Longs, SC
    I love the Inspire but I have no doubts that it will not be obsolete in 2 years. But thats any phone you get, technology moves fast.

9. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    You shouldn't have any problems with the "newness" factor of you Inspire for two years. It is a top notch, front line phone and both HTC and AT&T will support it with upgrades to the OS. If you choose to root your phone, you open a whole new world of customization and new feature that border on mind-boggling. Regardless, you have a very bright future with your Inspire - enjoy it.

-Mike