• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Think this phone...

Will receive some love for a while? I had the phone and returned it for an iPhone 4s, because I have been an iPhone guy, but really like android and the customizable freedom it offers. Think the updates will come out for a while? I know ics is confirmed & that is comforting. Any input?

Yikes........you went from a mini plazma screen to that? What made you go back to the outhouse from indoor plumbing.

Reactions: rbtrucking
Upvote 0
An update from Sprint, let alone Samsung? Haha I wouldn't hold your breath, although Samsung has made an official statement that they will be updating their GS II line with ICS. But that means they need to reformat Touchwiz and it's framework to work with said OS update, which will take time, and a lot of it. Thankfully we can all gain access to root and we have the reliable dev community, Cyanogen in particular has stated an early 2012 (probably January) release.

Upvote 0
I had an iPhone 4 first. Then I got my first Android device (HTC MyTouch 4G) I have for the most part stayed along with HTC devices since (Up to Evo 4G). Got my first Galaxy with the S2. There is no way that I could go back to an iPhone. Give me a reason why you like the iPhone and I can give you a feature or app on my Galaxy that will make you look again.

Upvote 0
Personally i hate the iphone and its never changing form factor. i have never wanted an iphone and cant think of any reason y i would.

I have been a mac person for years. Just switching to sprint and went in to get the iphone. Talked me into the Epic but I returned it for the iphone after a couple daze.....WOW !!!!!!! Could not believe how dinky the screen and un phun the phone is !!! I am now switching back to the Epic tomorrow. I've never had a smartphone period. Iphone is easy because I am used to apple, and android is sorta scary... I do film animals and watch allot of stuff, on youtube and the Epic was so amazing. I am worried about syncing it to my imac. Is there a thread on how to do it ???
Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones