1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

thinking about a new phone... any advice?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by excav8ter, Jul 31, 2011.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 14, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    Hey all, I have been using my evo 4g since it was released and it has been a great phone.... but it's time to look at something new. Besides the Photon being released today what else is coming in the next 2 months or so? I am not interested in the evo 3d, so that's out of the question. The Samsung within is the only other device i can find much info on. I am not too familiar with Samsung phones, as my first real smart phone was the evo 4g, prior to that I had Nextel.
    Anyone have some advice or info on new phones that may be released soon? My evo has been flawless so far, but it seems the battery is getting weaker and signal/reception is also getting worse. I am not a tech expert by any means, nor do I use the phone to it's fullest potential, I am just looking to get a new gadget.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    The Photon should be a nice phone, but you can can wait, I would go for the Within.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a phone.

3. excav8ter

None

Mar 14, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    To be honest I am not sure what I am looking for in a phone.... I am not tech smart...I just love cell phones. Always have. My evo is great, but I have had it for over a year, the longest I have ever had any phone with out it getting destroyed due to the environment that I work in. I just want to use my upgrade to get the "newest and best phone available", on Sprint. So far it looks like that is the Motorola Photon or the Samsung Within. The photon seems to be getting very good reviews. Not to much out there on the within yet.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Can I ask why you're not interested in the Evo 3D?

I at first was not thrilled with the concept of the Evo 3D either. But after using it now for a couple of weeks, it's grown on me, and I really love it.

As a previous Evo 4G owner, I strongly recommend the Evo 3D.

BenChase7 likes this.
  5. excav8ter

None

Mar 14, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    I am going to look at the EVO 3D as well. For some reason I have never really looked at the 3D. The Photon and Within just kinda caught my eye.

6. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    All are top notch devices, you really couldn't go wrong with any of the three.

excav8ter likes this.
  7. PyroJing

PyroJing Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    You shouldn't knock the EVO 3D just because of the 3D part. If you take out the 3D part is is still a solid phone, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and qHD screen.

Only reason to go with the Photon is if you want some great Tegra2 game support, or if you have to have the built in kickstand, or you need the extra 3MP on the camera, or you want more in board storage, or even if you think you might actually use the world capabilities.

Coming from the EVO 4G though I think it's safe to say you're used to HTC Sense skin, Motoblur is pretty bad compared (though I hear they've toned it down), and the new Sense 3.0 is great on the 3D.

BenChase7 likes this.
  8. badankles

badankles Android Expert

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    there's an earlier thread discussion these exact three. now that the photon is out, comparisons of the three should be almost exact. i say almost because the Galaxy II is out in Europe and Korea, none yet in the States, but i don't think it will be much different. from what i've read, the GII is hard to beat, but you'll have to wait a bit for it.