• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about an upgrade, your thoughts?

So I called Verizon today to ask if any they idea on when LTE coming to my area and also if they had any information on tiered data plans, since engadget is saying they will be coming this summer. When on hold it said that I was eligible for an upgrade on my line, and also with a $50 credit. When talking with the rep, she confirmed it. I don't really like Moto phones, nor am I that impressed with the Thunderbolt, but I am thinking I might as well do an upgrade so that I can get into an LTE unlimited plan before they go tiered. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

Yeah me too, the thunderbolt would be the way I would go. The main question I have is if you all think this is a good idea to upgrade now or to wait it out. I know that tiered has been talked about for a while, but it a lot more about Verizon is coming up. I would like to upgrade beforenthe new plans, that way would be unlimited. Does anyone have any more info on the tiered plans ?

Upvote 0
Yeah me too, the thunderbolt would be the way I would go. The main question I have is if you all think this is a good idea to upgrade now or to wait it out. I know that tiered has been talked about for a while, but it a lot more about Verizon is coming up. I would like to upgrade beforenthe new plans, that way would be unlimited. Does anyone have any more info on the tiered plans ?

I imagine that you will know a date when tiered plans take effect. After all we knew before hand when the one-year plan option ended and when they ended the new every two plan. I am waiting to see when they announce and then make my decision then.

I would hate to be stuck with a 6 mo phone and find out I could have gotten a bionic or targa or D3 with the unlimited data plan. This of course is my opinion only.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones