• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about buying an Atrix, help me out

Warhead

Lurker
Jul 11, 2011
Hey all, I'm new to the android world and I was hoping you all could help me out with a few questions I have before I pursue buying an Atrix.

1- Right now I have an iPhone 3G-s and about every 2 months of owning it I have had to take it into the apple store to have the screen replaced because dust got under the screen (I'm really picky about my electronics). I was wondering if any of you Atrix owners have dust problems...

2- How is the battery life from your personal experience? I generally use my phone for texting (a few hundred a day) but it would be nice if it could power me through a few mins of gaming every day too.

3- I'm not sure if you all would know but, what all would take place if I did need a repair/replacement on my phone (something that the warranty covers)? I've only delt with apple so... I dont really know how other companies work.

Thats all I got for now, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hey all, I'm new to the android world and I was hoping you all could help me out with a few questions I have before I pursue buying an Atrix.

1- Right now I have an iPhone 3G-s and about every 2 months of owning it I have had to take it into the apple store to have the screen replaced because dust got under the screen (I'm really picky about my electronics). I was wondering if any of you Atrix owners have dust problems...

2- How is the battery life from your personal experience? I generally use my phone for texting (a few hundred a day) but it would be nice if it could power me through a few mins of gaming every day too.

3- I'm not sure if you all would know but, what all would take place if I did need a repair/replacement on my phone (something that the warranty covers)? I've only delt with apple so... I dont really know how other companies work.

Thats all I got for now, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

1: Had mine for months. Not even a speck of dust.

2: The battery is huge. Probably the biggest in a cell phone right now. It has plenty of power to easily get through texting all day with lots of gaming inbetween.

3: No idea and not really a big worry. No one here has had any problems.

Reactions: Warhead
Upvote 0
No problem.

I upgraded from an iPhone too and what a huge difference. I'd never go back to anything from Apple ever again.

If you're into gaming make sure you download the Tegra Zone app (free). ATRIX has a Tegra processor and can run Tegra only games and some are awesome.

Thats great to hear a fellow iPhone user upgraded to the Atrix and finds it nice. I am really looking forward to ditching apple and get into a real phone. Thanks for the tip too, it probably would have taken me a while to figure that out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones