1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Thinking about buying used MT4G to bring to Europe...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lollavid, Apr 4, 2012.

1. lollavid

lollavid New Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Hi all.
    I am thinking about picking up a solid, older model android phone to bring with me to Germany. I am moving there in a couple weeks and will immediately get a German prepaid sim (probably Simyo).
    I have read a ton of good things about the MT4G and I think they run about $150 or so used. Just wanted to hear any opinions on whether or not you think it's a good idea or if I should look into another phone as well.
    Also, is the unlocking process hard? I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab and I'd like to do the same with the phone.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. tukatz

tukatz Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Retired
    Lakewood, WA
    My wife and I have had our MT4Gs for some time now and have had no problems with them. I very much like them. We got ours from T-Mobile as refurbed units for $50 each (with a new contract, which was fine with us). T-Mobile provided us with the unlock codes because we had been with them for years. The codes are 8 digits long. When you put a foreign SIM in the phone and power it up, it prompts you for the unlock code. Simple. I have no idea where you would get the code otherwise. It is also possible to buy a used phone that someone has already unlocked.

3. lollavid

lollavid New Member

Apr 4, 2012