• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about getting S III for At&t have some questions

Kuhns787

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2010
Oregon
I hope this hasn't been posted already. I am thinking about taking the jump from my One X to the SIII but seeing all the issues everyone is having now I am not sure that I want to. Can anyone who has the At&t version please comment on any issues you may have with this? To be honest it scares me I really want to make sure before I put out the money to switch. Any help would be appriciated.

I hope this hasn't been posted already. I am thinking about taking the jump from my One X to the SIII but seeing all the issues everyone is having now I am not sure that I want to. Can anyone who has the At&t version please comment on any issues you may have with this? To be honest it scares me I really want to make sure before I put out the money to switch. Any help would be appriciated.

I've had no issues what-so-ever related to the phone. (Right after I bought the phone there was a huge storm that damaged most of the local towers giving me some connectivity issues for about a week, but that is hardly the phone's fault).

GPS has worked great. I haven't had the WiFi issues other have had. My notifications are correct. Smart Stay works great.

Upvote 0
My wife and I both ditched our 4S's the Sunday of ATT launch weekend for the GS3. It's my 4th and my wife's 2nd Android device and by far is the best that we have ever had.

-Amazing call quality on mine and the other persons end

-Battery with moderate-to-heavy usage (80-100 texts a day plus browsing, facebook and push gmail) nets me 24-36 hours battery

-Screen size is awesome and actually is not unbearable even for myself (small hands)

-Foxfi works for hotspot without issue on our AT&T S3's!

I have a co-worker who has the One-x and I used to have an Inspire and Hero. His One-x is definitely a nice device and I probably would go with that over any other phone out there except for the S3. I've never been a fan of Samsung phones but this one really has me impressed!

Upvote 0
This is my second Android phone, I had the EVO 4G for 2 yrs before this. I have it for almost three weeks now, and everything is great!

The reception with at&t is good in my area.
The internet speed is light years better than Spring in my area.
Call quality WAY better than the original evo (the original EVO hv no noise cancelling mic)
The screen size is VERY nice for watching video and web browsing. Just adjust the brightness to AUTO, then it can still be read pretty decently outside.
Battery life is good enough for whole work day with mod-heavy use.

My only complaint so far is that it does lag a little bit when switching between app etc. But compare to the EVO where it will lag up to 10 seconds switching back to home screen, the 1 sec lag here is nothing. Plus, I DO put a lot of "gabage" in the phone and I use LOTS of widget on the home screen, so that might be why. My friend who also use the GS3 said he never experience any lag.

Upvote 0
im coming up on a week with my att s3, coming from a sprint htc and i have been very pleased so far. Reception is great, internet speeds are nice, overall very snappy device. the only thing i dont like so far is it doesnt seem to deal with group texts very well. i wish it would log a group text all in one conversation, but it seems to separate them by individual relies. overall, very pleased. been using htc phones since my first smartphone and samsung did a great just with this one

Upvote 0
From what I am reading it seems like mostly the Verizon and International ones have the most issues? I wonder why? My One X is having reception issues and I can either go with another One X or go with the S III.

Can you be a little more specific about the "issues" that you are worried about? I have had great experience with my S3 - I truly love this phone.

Upvote 0
Can you be a little more specific about the "issues" that you are worried about? I have had great experience with my S3 - I truly love this phone.
I have been hearing a lot about camera issues,them being poor quality, volume on phone calls, the screen not being as good at the One X. I played with one at At&t the other day but the sales person was looking over my shoulder and wanted to help so maybe I will go back and play some more. I guess if I don't like it I can sell it and go back to the One X.:eek:

Upvote 0
I have been hearing a lot about camera issues,them being poor quality, volume on phone calls, the screen not being as good at the One X. I played with one at At&t the other day but the sales person was looking over my shoulder and wanted to help so maybe I will go back and play some more. I guess if I don't like it I can sell it and go back to the One X.:eek:

I can't really compare the camera to anything because this is my first phone since the 3GS, but volume is fine (and REALLY LOUD if you install Volume+), call reception is fantastic, and the screen is fine.

Upvote 0
I loved everything about it, except that the screen was almost unreadable in direct sunlight. That was a deal breaker for me, so I returned it and went back to my 4S. The 4S screen is much easier to see outside in the sun. If I didn't spend so much time outside, I would have definitely kept it.

Well, all you do is to go into Settings, turn off Auto-Brightness, and then use the slider to increase the brightness. No biggee....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones