• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thinking about rooting / ROMming. A few quick questions.

OK - I'm rooted, SDK is installed, and I have adb and busybox installed.

For anyone interested, everything you need to know about step-by-step Droid rooting (and tons of other stuff) is available here: Root Your Droid

(Thanks, nader2013!)

Just to make sure everything is Hunky-Dorey, I installed Metamorph, which passed the system check ... and then I installed improved Battery Level Icons (See here). These are probably already included in one of the ROM updates, but I just wanted to test my Droid and ensure everything was cool.

I'll be loading the Beast later today!

Cheers!

Glad everything worked out for you. I highly suggest the Beast @ 950mhz. (V. 0.7.2) I've been running it since yesterday no problems. And its got all the bells and whistles such as wifi tether and nexus1 voice dictation.

Now that I'm rooted and have flashed a few ROMs I can't believe how easy it is. I was always dumbfounded when I read peoples posts saying 'I flash a new rom every day' or 'I only used that rom for a few hours'. I thought the process was so much more involved but now I know the truth. Once you're rooted and primed flashing a rom takes less than 10 minutes including finding the ROM and downloading it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones