1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

thinking about switching from att to sprint

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jogi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Hello everyone, first off I want to say this is a great forum with a lot of info and great people. I am a current att customer with 5 lines, 2 of which are iphones, the other 3 a regular non smartphones. I have had no problems with att's service in my area. I was mostly thinking about switching to sprint because the everything data family plan looked to potentially save me about $20-30/ month plus I really like the htc evo 4g. Right now we pay about $237/ month on att with 1500 minutes, unlimited family text, and the 2 iphone data plans. The sprint everything data family plan would be $190/month for all 5 lines. Since I have been looking to change a couple things have changed or come to me attention. First off, att changed their data plans. This for one saves me money. My wife and I maybe use 400-500 mb/month each. So switching from the $30 unlimited plan to the $25 plan has saved us $10/month. I have also found out that sprint will charge an extra $10/ month for each htc evo. That is a $30 swing ($20 extra from sprint and $10 less from att) that virtually makes all savings with sprint a wash. IF my family had more then 2 smartphone users sprint would easilly be cheaper because the sprint price would stay the same while the att plan would have to go up $15 or $25 for each smatphone added. So I am on the fence between switching from att to sprint. I know I would be happy with either the htc evo or the new iphone. The savings of about $20/ would have made the decision a no brainer but now that I will probably be paying about the same amount I am not sure what I will do. Both plans come to about $210/month before taxes and fees. Actually since I just changed my att data plans to $25/month my current att bill will be $200/month plus taxes and fees. Sorry for the long post but that is my situation. Have a good one

Advertisement

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Didnt you post this already in another sub forum?

3. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Ohio
    No, this was my fisrt post.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    None
    The internet
    do it i did and saved 258 a month :) went from iphone 3gs's to htc evo 4g's much better service and i haven't had a single dropped call yet

5. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    None
    The internet
    we only pay 216 per month on a unlimited everything plan 3 evo's and two samsung moments

6. Skrypt

Skrypt Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Sprint > AT&T. One of the reasons I switched. Do it.

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Oh sorry. There are a few of these threads floating around.