1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Thinking about switching to G2 from Vibrant (have iP4 and BB Bold 9700 already)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aneftp, Nov 15, 2010.

1. aneftp

aneftp Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    DC/Orlando
    I am in a little different scenario than most who are trying to decide whether to dump their Samsung Vibrant for the HTC G2. I owned the original G1 also.

I have both ATT and Tmobile service. I usually put my ATT sim with my iPhone 4. And usually switch Tmobile SIMs between my Bold 9700 and Samsung Vibrant.

So I got a situation where I can get an even trade for my Samsung Vibrant for a HTC G2.

The main thing keeping me getting rid of the Vibrant is that it still support ATT's 1900 WCDMA 3G band so there are times I get bored with my iPhone 4, I can easily slip my ATT micro SIM (with micro SIM adapter) to my Vibrant and still get 3G speeds.

But I carry 2 phones with me at the same time and while the Bold 9700 is a sturdy phone, it's clearly lacking in multimedia features but I love a physicial keyboard on the blackberry.

So would going with a HTC G2 (with my Tmobile SIM) and the iPhone 4 (with ATT SIM) be the best situation?

Are any of you guys satsified with your switch? I know the trade offs, Samsung has more ROM 2GB vs. 1GB for installing apps. More internal memory 16GB. Better screen. But those aren't that important to me since I already carry my iphone 4 with me all the time.

I am just trying to get the perfect combo of phones to carry about with me.

Advertisement

2. redeye93

redeye93 Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Dirty South
    I recently came back to T-Mobile and turned off my Iphone. I've had Iphone since release and I was just over AT&T, so I got a Verizon Droid X as my first android phone. I fell in love with the features of the OS and decided I finally felt I could make the leap from my Iphone (very difficult for me). I settled on the G2 for the physical keyboard and vanilla android experience (motoblur sucks). So my two phones I'm rockin are the Droid X (rooted) and my new G2. I liked having a keyboard option. That is really the only question for you. If you would like to have a physical keyboard option, then that'll work. You can't go wrong. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Tags: