• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Thinking about switching to the photon can you answer some questions please

If you're a Sprint customer you'd be wise to stay away from Samsung phones as they have the absolute weakest radio drivers and radio hardware and Sprint's network has the lowest bandwidth and crappy spaced-out towers. Motorola has some of the best radio hardware and drivers on the market. The Photon will crush any Samsung out now when it comes to real world use (don't trust any hypothetical speed tests, Sprint service is just too weak).

Reactions: Boffy1 and BUSTOS82
Upvote 0
I have been holding out upgrading my OG EVO4G. I did get the wifie a MoPho for Xmas. I can say the radio is better. MoPho will get bars when the EVO will be roaming. Typically 3g speed is 1.2mb dwn and 800k up. 4G speeds 8mb-12mb dwn and 1.5mb up (Portland,Or.) EVO was just slighty off on those data speeds. All in all MoPho has been an excellent phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones