• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thinking of buying google tv

surfnc25

Lurker
Dec 11, 2009
Does Google TV work with most websites that have flash (like HGTV for instance)? I know the big networks are blocking and HULU but my wife and I would like to watch shows from other sites so if they work just like they do on my pc, I'm sold. If anyone can test this from their google tv for me that would be awesome because the Best Buy demo SUXXXX. Thanks in advance !!!!!

Let me just preface by saying that I love the idea behind Google TV, and very much want the platform to succeed. However, with the flaws of the current offerings from Logitech and Sony, I would highly recommend that you hold off on your purchase.

Unless you consider yourself a "techie" and can deal with the drawbacks, waiting a few months for the 2nd round of hardware might be a good move. Supposedly at CES early next year Samsung and several other manufacturers will be showing off their Google TV offerings. We can only hope they've addressed most of the concerns us early adopters brought to Sony/Logitech/Google.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones