1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thinking of buying - have questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gjkiii, Dec 4, 2013.

1. gjkiii

gjkiii Member

Hello

1) The reviews say that the speaker at the bottom is terrible. Is it really that bad?

2) Is the earpiece quality good for phone calls.

3) Would you recommend using an alternate camera app instead of the stock one?

Thank you for any feedback.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. techrider62

techrider62 Android Enthusiast

There have been some with glue blocking the speaker hole but mine is just as loud as any other phone i've had and the earpiece quality is very good.

3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

My speaker has not been a problem. It's not loud by any stretch but OK.

Call quality is fine. My only comment is that the earpiece is small and you have to hold the phone in the right place on your ear to hear correctly.

I've not found a camera app which sorts the focus or capture speed issue. Hope the update cones soon.

4. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Android Enthusiast

If you're familiar with rooting, flashing a ROM and kernel would help resolve the issue it did for me😆

5. HanSolo

HanSolo Android Expert

The external speaker isn't great. I flashed a loud/fix from xda and now I'm very satisfied with it.

The call quality/volume is excellent, but that may have to do with the carrier (I'm on T-Mobile).

The camera gets razzed on a lot, and I agree it's not the best. I bought ProCapture from the Play Store, and I find it excellent.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews