1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thinking of buying one..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maui_babiee, Feb 14, 2011.

1. maui_babiee

maui_babiee Newbie

But is it worth it?
    I mainly want it to Video Chat & to play games on facebook like farmville.
    Is it able to do those?

Advertisement

2. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

Yes you can do those on the Tab, but the Tab can do alot more than just that.

maui_babiee likes this.
  3. maui_babiee

maui_babiee Newbie

Yeah I've had a few android based phones & I don't think I'll ever be able to go with a phone that isn't an android ever. I was just debating on getting the tab or a laptop. & I think the galaxy tab is winning :)

4. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Android Enthusiast

Im 24 hours into my tab and totally love it. Used it all day at work and listening to tunewiki while I write this. its my third android device and I'm still impressed, so far very pleased.

5. palmettostate

palmettostate Lurker

I am looking for a tablet that can play Adobe Flash - specifically Adobe Flashpoint presentations. Is this a possibility with the Tab? Also, I really don't want to pay for a monthly plan - I have access to wifi most of the time. Any advice is welcomed!

6. lekky

lekky Lover

It has full adobe flash 10.1. But what is flashpoint? If you have an example i can try it on my tab for you.

7. palmettostate

palmettostate Lurker

It does play flashpoint I was able to try on a demo tab in the store! All I know is flashpoint is an adobe product that my school uses in blackboard for lecture presentation.

8. lekky

lekky Lover

9. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Member

Although my reasons for a tab are different than yours, I ended up selling my netbook for the Galaxy tab. I don't play facebook games, but I do facebook a lot during the day. I've found that having a tab is more suited for my needs than carrying a laptop or netbook with me everywhere, and for packing on my motorcycle, tossing in the car, whatever. Unlike the netbook, the Galaxy tab is always on, the battery life is great...just unlock and away we go. I love my Evo, but I do need something with the bigger screen and the tab is perfect. Now, I do have some things that need to have Windows to work, so going completely without a laptop (or desktop for some people) is not completely feasible, but for a day to day carry around device, that gives you almost everything you need at your fingertips with plenty of screen view to be completely comfortable the tab works great. I love the 7" size on the Galaxy tab because it's easier to carry and handle, whereas the iPad or even the now 10.1" Galaxy tab is more than I wanted to deal with. Of course, this is my opinion and your experience may differ. I would suggest that you examine exactly what you need on a regular basis, read and ask questions like this one...a lot...and research, research, research until you feel comfortable with your purchase...or non purchase if that's the case.