• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of getting a Used HTC Inspire

toke21

Lurker
Jan 19, 2012
Hey, love the site. So, I'm thinking of getting a used HTC Inspire off of craigslist. The guy seems cool and has answered all my questions, gave me the imei. What I'm wondering is if at&t would block it if it were to be a reported lost/stolen phone or an overdue bill(he says its not on an account)? I've read around and it seems that they don't, but not positive, can anyone confirm this? Anyway I could check it? What are the main things I should check when I look at the phone. I'm going to his house, so I don't think he'd try and sale me a bad phone. Any help would be appreicated. Planning on rooting it if I do get it. Thanks.

I don't trust Craigs list at all. I would meet in a public place, for one.

Haha! I just saw on the news the other day that a guy got beaten when he went to meet someone to buy something off of craigslist. Luckily he decided to wear one of those button cameras and recorded it happen. The cops were able to identify the guys and arrest them. Doesn't change the fact that he got his butt kicked to save a few bucks.

Upvote 0
I bought my Inspire on Craigslist. Met at a public place that's highly visible. I only buy if the seller has the original box w/IMEI sticker intact and matches the device. Pull the battery and inspect for moisture or other damage.

Ask about the device history. It's a red flag if the seller doesn't know, is vague, evasive, or appears to be BS'ing you.

Just pick your spots and trust your instincts. Any doubts or suspicions, no matter how slight, just pass and move on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones