• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of getting the one v any feedback

smartphone45

May 15, 2012
Well I am seriously considering getting the one v as soon as it hits radio shack...I hope it is not plagued with software bugs such as the evo v is...from what i understand this phone was designed for android 4.0 which is great in my book..this phone is not reflashed with a different Operating system...from what i see there are no reboot issues....or reception problems..however i did find out that adobe flashplayer is not supported on this phone..if I could get some feedback on this phone I would greatly appreciate it.....

I've had my 1V for almost 2 weeks and really enjoying it.

No Fcing, no reboots required, and so far no issues with apps I generally use. Adobe Flash is installed and working, not sure were you saw that its wasn't supported.

Battery life is great, getting about 2 days. The screen is excellent in quality and size. On that note the phone size to me is one of the things I like most. Putting a 4"+ phone in my jeans pocket is not that comfortable. Single core is fine by me as well as I don't game heavily. Video playback is flawless via YouTube or on SD.

Hope this helps a bit with your choice.

Upvote 0
amazing phone i love it!! battery life well last average use about 12~ hours but intense like games and wifi etc about 5~ over all excellent battery life so much better than triumph well easily least all day and some. i sofar haven't encountered many times when the phone was slow plays alot of 3d games great and ui is great too. plus it has such awesome build quality love this phone more power wouldn't hurt but it isnt necessary

Upvote 0
I love it. The only issue I have is the battery life. Playing a game I can usually kill it within about and hour or two. I am patiently waiting on kernel source so i can do something about this horrible battery.
that's the name of the game.
best you can do is turn down brightness and underclock/undervolt to whatever allows you to still play smoothly.

don't know if any kernels are available yet to allow undervolting. or tweaks to allow a core to drop out

Upvote 0
Not sure if you need feedback still, but I've had this phone two weeks.

Overall, I like it, but this one in particular has a bad battery. Will only charge to 81% and thinks it's done. Takes hours to get back. Literally, it will charge 1-2% in an hour. Also, can answer a phone call worth anything. Constantly disconnects or just fails to answer. Otherwise, great phone.

Not sure if I'll keep it because without an interchangeable battery, I'll have to reinstall all my stuff when I get a replacement. At least with my Triumph, I could just restore. Of course, the Triumph was an all-around piece of junk.

Upvote 0
Got this phone a week ago and I love it. I'm a techie person but have never justified dropping $$ on a smartphone with a major carrier. Have kept an eye on VM for a year or so, and finally jumped on this one. I'm super glad I did.

The phone is very sharp looking, low profile, awesome looking screen, even compared to many phones I've seen friends carrying. No issues. I'm learning my way around the phone, trying lots of apps, etc., and using it constantly. I feel like it's an awesome deal.

Reactions: TGBlade
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones