• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of going from Incredible to Fascinate

diehard760

Jun 11, 2011
I am seriously thinking of going from an incredible to fascinate. Im not a big fan of the build quality of the Inc. I recently purchased the Inc and its in new condition, so I know its a manufacturing issue. Also the battery life is pretty bad. My main gripe is the ball call quality. I do have cyanogen7 on it rooted. 2.3 is nice but does lock up now and then. Has anyone here made the switch from a a dinc to fascinate and have any input on what is better or worse bet the two?

I notice a lot of complaints with GPS. I do use it quite a bit so that might be annoying.

Rooting and romming seems a bit more involved, but I can deal with that.

Thank you in advance.

I am seriously thinking of going from an incredible to fascinate. Im not a big fan of the build quality of the Inc. I recently purchased the Inc and its in new condition, so I know its a manufacturing issue. Also the battery life is pretty bad. My main gripe is the ball call quality. I do have cyanogen7 on it rooted. 2.3 is nice but does lock up now and then. Has anyone here made the switch from a a dinc to fascinate and have any input on what is better or worse bet the two?

I notice a lot of complaints with GPS. I do use it quite a bit so that might be annoying.

Rooting and romming seems a bit more involved, but I can deal with that.

Thank you in advance.

The latest update seemed to have fix GPS issues, at least for me. I use GPS for a few hours a day, about 4 days a week, no issues at all now.

It does have a better screen than INC, (Super-AMOLED compared to AMOLED), it definitely have a better battery life too.

ROMs wise, not that much choices comparing to INC.

Upvote 0
The latest update seemed to have fix GPS issues, at least for me. I use GPS for a few hours a day, about 4 days a week, no issues at all now.

It does have a better screen than INC, (Super-AMOLED compared to AMOLED), it definitely have a better battery life too.

ROMs wise, not that much choices comparing to INC.

GPS is fixed, that is good to know!

I have the slcd screen so S-AMOLED will be a great improvement.

The only time I would probably Rom is when a 2.3 is available and fully functional. I know Cyanogen 7 is in the works, but not yet polished. Maybe when that is 100% I will jump on it. Otherwise for now I can deal with 2.2.

Upvote 0
GPS is fixed, that is good to know!

I have the slcd screen so S-AMOLED will be a great improvement.

The only time I would probably Rom is when a 2.3 is available and fully functional. I know Cyanogen 7 is in the works, but not yet polished. Maybe when that is 100% I will jump on it. Otherwise for now I can deal with 2.2.

I had the AMOLED version of DINC, even i can see the difference!

CM 7 is almost done, except MMS and phantom ringer. That's it. I'm running it now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones