• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help thinking of purchasing v just have a couple questions

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
i currently have a huawei assend through metro pcs and am getting tired of metros service. why should i be paying $50 a month for no 3g service. also i only bought my assend in jan and it doesnt look like they are going to upgrade to 2.2 even though the new assend tapout edition which came out over a month ago has 2.2 installed. just a couple questions.

1. does the optimus v have multi touch?
2. does it have a 2.5 or 3.5 mm jack for headset?
3. how much internal memory does the v have?
4. how easy is it to install apps to sd if not already preinstalled?

1. does the optimus v have multi touch?
2. does it have a 2.5 or 3.5 mm jack for headset?
3. how much internal memory does the v have?
4. how easy is it to install apps to sd if not already preinstalled?

1. Yes, but it doesn't seem to be used as much as I did with my iphone.
2. 2.5mm
3. 178 megs
4. As long as the app has it enabled, it is as easy as touching the move to SD button.

Upvote 0
His #3 answer is the amount of storage available for app installation. Some apps can be moved to the uSD card(comes with a crappy 2GB uSD).

Total onboard storage is 512MB of NAND flash, and 512MB of DRAM(parts of which are allocated for the Adreno 200 GPU and other system usage).

As to multi-touch, yes it does but IIRC it's only 2 point but given that the screen is only 3.2" I'm not sure how much more useful more contact points would actually be. i.e. I'm hoping that they at least eventually offer a 4.3" or 4.8" dual-core cortex-a9 Android phone w/more onboard storage... (The OV is surprisingly snappy for an ARM11 though. It looks like Qualcomm does a VERY good job at optimizing the basic design that ARM coughs up when they license a design something it seems that MOST other companies are incapable of doing.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones