• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thinking of rooting, need some advice.

imprez me

Sep 26, 2011
My s2 is under bell in Canada. and I updated my firmware to 2.3.5 via odin. using the frankienstein non wipe 2.3.5.

The question is since I flash via odin my warrenty is therefore gone should I root? Need some opinion and if so what is the easiest way to root from 2.3.5. I read from other thread how to but I got confuse with unlocking and rooting together.

Personally rooting was the best thing I ever did for the phone. It allows it to use it's full potential. Since you've flashed firmware with odin rooting should be easy for you as it's done exactly the same. All you need to do is download the insecure kernel that matches your firmware update. Since it's 2.3.5 I'm going to guess xxki4. Then just do exactly the same with this as you did with the firmware and then you're rooted.
[03.11.2011][CF-Root 4.4] KE*, KF*, KG*, KH1/3/4, KI2/3/4/8, KJ1/2 - su+bb+CWM4 - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones