• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of Rooting-read this

madonna

May 2, 2010
Firstly can i say i know nothing about andriod o/s,i have an htc desire,it is 1 week old,anyway,i installed a few apps,throughout that night i get a message telling me my internal phone memory is low,ah i thought,what about my 4gb sd card onboard.
Apparently i cant install any apps on that,i emailed htc and they replied with this,i dont know if it will happen,or whether they have said it before in the past to anyone but im sharing my news with you.
I am currently in talks with my network to get my contract cancelled,i only went for this phone because i-phones to expensive and i thought with the andriod market having 50,000 + apps,i will never get bored,anyway here is their reply-

Thanks for your email There is no way to install apps to the SD card in the Android OS that is on the phone. No android phone can do that, simply because Google did not program that fuinction into the code. However, it has been requested many times, and they are planning to addit soon in an update expected in a couple of months. Until then, i am afraid there is nothing you can do.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones