• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of switching from Edge to s6...so?

Crodley

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Hi all,

I've had the Edge for a couple of days now, and I love the phone! But...it does get quite hot. I did a factory reset which gave many others success in colling it down, and it DID make it better but still hot. I find the edge part of the phone neat, but not very useful, I can see after a few weeks where I'd ignore that part. So I'm wondering if I should switch to a S6 instead?

A few questions.
1. One of the things I like that is new to me is getting the hamburger menu up by swiping from the left, is that an edge thing or a S6 thing or an Android thing now?

2. Does anyone know if the S6 has less overheating issues or are they so identical inside that it isn't any different?

3. This is a Sprint thing. I'm leasing it and even though I said no, not for me, with getting the Edge 4 months early and paying an early penalty AND paying $350 up front for the new phone, getting a new two year contract, it would actually cost less to lease it for 2 years and buy it back for $200 at the end. (If I wanted) That's because instead of the $25 per month I qualified for a $15 loyalty discount which dropped my per month to $10. And no money up front needed.

Whew, the QUESTION is, since the S6 is cheaper than the Edge would the lease be cheaper per month also? I know I'll ask Sprint tomorrow if I do swap, but since I have your "ear" already...

:)

Thanks for reading all this!

Crodley

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones