1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thinking of switching from VZW, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by angiembfl, Aug 17, 2012.

1. angiembfl

angiembfl Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of switching to Metro from VZW. Tired of paying this bill and Metro is cheaper. But I'm worried about this service, you know the whole "get what you pay for" thing. Is the service inferior in any way? Also, what about the phones? I have a Droid X. Could I use that or are there any really good phones on Metro.

I appreciate any info you can share. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast

Currently, the phone with the superior specs on paper would be the LG Connec but some more and possibly better phones are coming. The S3 is soon to be released so you could wait for that one. I get around 5 mpbs down and up but users have recently reported speed increases in their data speeds. The service can be great but it depends where you live. Check your coverage on their website to make sure

3. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

you can so to this site: Coverage Maps | Sensorly
    in my point of view its better than the coverage maps the stores have cause of course thats part of their sales pitch. this site uses an app which actually uses people data connection to determine the signal quality in the area.

4. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

its a good service but the data is not too fast. If you are not streaming videos then you should be OK. i use my phone mostly for blogging and using Facebook and the speed does not affect me as much. Unfortunately, metro's phones are not the best out there..

5. THE W

THE W Android Expert

Depends on where you live. I get 5mbps where I'm at which is enough to stream video with no problem.

Do some research on how fast metro would be in your area.

6. euphan1555

euphan1555 Android Enthusiast

just one problem with that app.if nobody uses it in your area it shows you have no 4g.im on sprint(vm) 4g right now but according to that map i dont have it or 90% of my city.i would just use the coverage map at metropcs.com to get a general idea of the coverage or if you have a metro store near you go there and test it out.