1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Thinkning about getting this on BF, do people like thier?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jericko, Nov 24, 2011.

1. jericko

jericko Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Systems Engineer
    Omaha
    Hello

I have a HTC EVO smartphone and am thinking about getting a tablet on Black Friday. I was looking at this tablet. Do people who have it like it? Do they regret not going with the 10.1 inch version? What are the Pro/Cons?

Thanks
    Jason

Advertisement

2. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    VA
    I picked it up at Best Buy online this morning for $189. It sold out by 8am.

3. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Software development
    Virginia
    Thought I scored it to pick up at the store because I missed the online ones, but just got an email saying they cant find the item at the store. Rather disappointing.

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I was able to walk in 8 hours later and smashed one at three local best buy and have not looked back. Hope the wife likes it. I do like the packaging:)

5. bsharitt

bsharitt Member

May 22, 2010
    I was afraid of the same same thing when I placed my order this evening around 5, but it turns out that store got most of the things for the region(my local store was out). I was actually surprised when I got the email telling me it was ready for pickup.

6. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Checked my order from Thursday this afternoon and it showed one item as shipped with a tracking number, the other shipping in 0-1 days, and the table shipping in "NULL" days. I saw they were available for pick up so placed an order and about 30 minutes later get the pick up email confirmation.

I get in the car and I get an email from Best Buy, my other tablet shows shipped with a tracking number!

None of the tracking numbers are active on UPS's site but I assume you are good once a tracking number posts.

7. bishop793

bishop793 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    i got this from best buy yesterday....the video playback is lousy, very choppy..i downloaded a number of players and their respective codecs, but to no avail. all the files i played were mp4...one forum stated that the videos had to be converted in order to play on the A100, but i figured for a dual core processor and 1ghz of ram, why should you? My Coby 7022 plays the files fine...

Also i could not play Asphalt 5, says the device was not compatible, which is funny because I downloaded the game from the Tegra Zone.